GTX 1070 fans not spinning up

CaptainSeals

Two things, your RAM is in the wrong slots and you don't have the 8 pin EPS plugged into the mobo.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

15 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Two things, your RAM is in the wrong slots and you don't have the 8 pin EPS plugged into the mobo.

the 8 pin eps is the winner ladies and gentlemen

4 minutes ago, Ion4545 said:

the 8 pin eps is the winner ladies and gentlemen

Yes sir it was. 

this is the only thing that mildy displeases me about the troubleshooting community for pc. they right away start jumping to conclusions but i am guilty of this myself.

13 minutes ago, Ion4545 said:

this is the only thing that mildy displeases me about the troubleshooting community for pc. they right away start jumping to conclusions but i am guilty of this myself.

I'm personally pretty good at troubleshooting but I usually don't prefer to help over the internet as I can't verify people are following exactly what I'm saying, especially when it comes to more complex issues.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

1 hour ago, 1Reshiram12 said:

The fan doesn't spin until the card actually gets hot enough to need to be cooled. Download a program like MSI afterburner or GPU Tweak II to see the fan speeds and edit them. You could also try playing a game to see if they heat up enoug to start spinning.

Yep!

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

Thank you to everyone who helped me with this. Also sorry it took me a couple of days to respond to this. It is finals week so I finished building it and then started studying. Will let everyone know how it all goes.