How much junk files has Nvidia left on your PC?

Tosa

One place, far, far into my documents folder, I have a program I made in january 2015 that'll, when opened, tell you how much left-over junk has been left after upgrading or installing the Nvidia graphics driver. It also has a button labeled "Clean up" that does precisely what it says in regard to these files. In the making of this program, I looked up a few articles on the interwebz that told where to find said files and how to remove them manually, and used this information to make a program that automates this.

Anyway, to the point, if you open this program I attached, how much jusk does it say that it found, and how long have you been collecting these files? I'm curious...

NvidiaCleanup.exe

NvidiaCleanupSourceForTheParanoid.zip

18 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Nope we have DDU for this

This isn't an uninstaller. It just deletes unecessary files that piles up after each new Nvidia driver you install.

2630 MB

Asus X99-A w/ BIOS 3402 | Intel i7 5820k OC @4.4GHz 1.28V w/ Noctua NH-U14S | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 OC @2666MHz 12-14-14-28 | Asus Geforce GTX970 STRIX OC | EVGA 750 G2 750W | Samsung 850 Evo 1 TB | Windows 10 64-bit | Be-Quiet Silent Base 800 w/ Silent Wings | 2x Dell U2414H OC @72Hz w/ Display Port

Don't forget to invest in an Intel Tuning Plan if you're going to overvolt your K/X CPU

Well I delete them periodically so nothing is left.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Buy a bigger hard drive will make your life much easier that way you don't have to worry all day about some left over files you might have somewhere in your PC...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Interesting, can you generate a list of these unnecessary files? 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Well. They left their trash drivers in my pc.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

1 hour ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Buy a bigger hard drive will make your life much easier that way you don't have to worry all day about some left over files you might have somewhere in your PC...

Buy a bigger house, so you don't need to care about taking out the trash, you just move to a room farther away from it as the garbage pile grows...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks for sharing this, OP. I will give it a try later at a PC that used to have a Quadro to see what comes out. 

Checked:

-0MB in a PC where DDU was used to uninstall AMD drivers (the PC had temporarily hosted the Quadro as secodnary GPU, DDU wasn't used after removing it, can't remember which manual steps I took to uninstall driers)

-1108MB in a PC that used to have the Quadro as main GPU, now replaced by an AMD low end card, DDU not used at any point.