Is 1500 dpi high for FPS gaming? If i use 800, my mouse will go over my pad.

MADMINK
Go to solution Solved by manikyath,

i've been using 1500 since my logitech MX518 was new :P

the setting remains at 1500 with my G500, and it'll probably remain when my G500 bites the dust.

try lowering in-game sensitivity a bit maybe, i recall hearing something like "from one side of your mousepad to the other you should rotate ingame 360 degrees"

and lifting mouse just happens :D

my wrist aches from strain on high sens, but my mouse pad is a little small. The pad is a little over a foot wide. I use a logitech g502 optical mouse at 1500 dpi/ 4.5 ingame sens

Use what you seem to play best with. People at different.

Personally I play with 500, but that is what I like, others may not.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

should i constantly be lifting mouse for low dpi?

I usually play with fairly low DPI and sensitivity but I also have an extended mouse mat. How big is your mouse pad? 

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

i've been using 1500 since my logitech MX518 was new :P

the setting remains at 1500 with my G500, and it'll probably remain when my G500 bites the dust.

try lowering in-game sensitivity a bit maybe, i recall hearing something like "from one side of your mousepad to the other you should rotate ingame 360 degrees"

and lifting mouse just happens :D

23 minutes ago, MADMINK said:

should i constantly be lifting mouse for low dpi?

Lower dpi is less virtual pixels that the mouse moves across the screen with, so yes with a lower dpi you are going to need to move the mouse more especially with high resolution screens. What dpi you use is extremely personal, I use 6k but there are people that use higher or lower than that. A higher dpi is generally for rest gamers, so unless you feel comfortable only moving your rest for gaming go with something on the lower side.

CPU: I5-6600k | MOBO: MSI Z170-A XPOWER Gaming Titanium Edition | Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO |RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 2800 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition | Case: MasterCase Pro 5 | Storage: SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB, WD Blue 1 TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Display: Acer Predator XB271HU 1440p 144hz | Keyboard:Logitech G910 Orion Spark | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Headset: Logitech Artemis G933 | PcPP: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/sfgGjc