looking for a simple yes or no for streaming

Go to solution Solved by xwboy,
10 minutes ago, orangebeaver45 said:

and im not going to get a 6700k bc I already have a 1150 mobo and ddr3 ram this christmas i bringing upgrades not systems

Glad I could help. I hope you are happy with your purchases and good luck!

For the christmas list I have a 4790k and a gtx 1070 and I have an extra 100 bucks lying around and I want a dxracer with the money I could save and wondering if changing the 1070 to a 1060 will change the ability to stream or just affect the performance of the game

I would go with a 6700k rather than a 4790k if you're looking to save. They're only $260 at Micro Center (physical stores) and $300 online. As for the dxracer, it's not worth it in my opinion. I'd just save a bit of money and get a comfy padded chair or something like that.

Streaming is mainly CPU based. The 4790K should do fine with a 1060/1070.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

1 minute ago, natey_g said:

It wouldn't make too much of a difference, i wouldn't buy a dxracer though,too expensive imo. Would rather have the 1070 personally and have a decent chair.

Nobody is going to turn off your stream if you don't have a DX Racer. There won't be much performance drop for streaming as far as 1060 vs 1070. Depending on your display (1920x1080 at 60fps, for example) a 1060 will be fine; but 1440 and up or high refresh rates, just go with the 1070. I'd take the money for the DX Racer and put it towards paying for a faster internet connection or new networking gear if your stuff is old. Poor upload speed will render any streaming rig useless.

7 minutes ago, xwboy said:

I would go with a 6700k rather than a 4790k if you're looking to save. They're only $260 at Micro Center (physical stores) and $300 online. As for the dxracer, it's not worth it in my opinion. I'd just save a bit of money and get a comfy padded chair or something like that.

4790k has better single core performance... its still very powerful

6 minutes ago, natey_g said:

4790k has better single core performance... its still very powerful

I'm talking about price here. I know a 4790k will edge a 6700k out slightly but I would rather have a 6700k/1070 than a 4790k/1060. Sure streaming is almost all CPU-bound but he'll get a better gaming experience (especailly at 1440p or more than 60Hz refresh rate) as well as basically equal stream quality with a 6700k/1070.

18 minutes ago, xwboy said:

not much of an improvement, single digit improvement as far as percentages go. Less then 5%. Buying a new cpu means buying a new mobo. What a waste of money if you already have the 4 series cpu.

19 minutes ago, xwboy said:

just want the dxracer because I sat in one at microcenter and fell in love instantly 

1 minute ago, orangebeaver45 said:

just want the dxracer because I sat in one at microcenter and fell in love instantly 

and im not going to get a 6700k bc I already have a 1150 mobo and ddr3 ram this christmas i bringing upgrades not systems

3 minutes ago, Velvet Revolver said:

not much of an improvement, single digit improvement as far as percentages go. Less then 5%.

If a 6700k is cheaper and also slightly faster (at least in multi-threaded workloads, single-core 4790k wins by small margins in many tests) then I'd take a 6700k. If he already has the mobo then I understand your argument and he should get a 4790k.

1 minute ago, orangebeaver45 said:

Ah since you already have the motherboard stick with a 4790k. I went back and read some of your previous threads and was under the impression you didn't have any components yet. My bad.

If you want a dxracer, then get it. In my opinion they really aren't worth it and are just hype and a sort of status symbol, but if it's worth the money to you then just get it.

9 minutes ago, xwboy said:

thanks for the help and I'll get the chair bc I home school and have to sit in my chair 4-6 hours at a time and it really hurts my back with my current Walmart pleather chair and maybe if it will ever snow in Ohio before christmas (it didnt snow until January last year) I can work to get 1070 by shoveling driveways

10 minutes ago, orangebeaver45 said:

Glad I could help. I hope you are happy with your purchases and good luck!