Games over 3.4GHz

falloutguy

Are there any games that run over 3.4GHz, or do you know of any that will be over that limit that will come out with in the next few years?

...?

Since when do games run at a clock speed?

I do not think you understand what GHz refers to. It refers to the clock speed of a CPU core. If you are asking a question about games and CPUs please rephrase as I have no idea what you are trying to find out.

Are there any games that run over 3.4GHz, or do you know of any that will be over that limit that will come out with in the next few years?

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

Somebody+call+the+sWAT+team+someone+just

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Since a short while agp, im overclocking my CS:GO to 4,6 GHZ

Air cooled or liquid cooled? 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

+1

...?

just...wat

games dont have ghz

Ok I probably said this wrong, on steam is says the system requirements and they say your CPU has to be so many GHz's to play the certain game. Well i was wondering if there was any games that go over 3.4? Or does this even mean anything? 

Games don't have a clock speed. If you're referring to the minimum specifications required to play games, then that is is a different story.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

If you are using an intel quad core cpu, then 3.4GHz is enough for almost all games. If you are using an AMD quad core pcu, then you will need around 3.7-4.0GHz in order to maintain steady frame rates.

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

I think what he means is that some games on the boxes say "xx cpu at 3ghz or better"

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

games dont have ghz

No they have giggawatts.

To answer the OP, I can't help you much sorry my PC is always current (read last 2-3 years) so I never have problems running games so I never look at the requirements ... I will play with the settings inside the game if it is choppy at max.

It is useful if you have an older computer imo. Always go  with recommended settings because the minimum are useless in my book.

Ok I probably said this wrong, on steam is says the system requirements and they say your CPU has to be so many GHz's to play the certain game. Well i was wondering if there was any games that go over 3.4? Or does this even mean anything? 

You might see higher computer requirements when battlefield 4 comes out and other games in that region.

Take a note if the requirements are dual core or quad or hex etc. because Ghz isn't everything. (quad core is usually what's required these days)

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

You might see higher computer requirements when battlefield 4 comes out and other games in that region.

Take a note if the requirements are dual core or quad or hex etc. because Ghz isn't everything. (quad core is usually what's required these days)

This^. Also the clock speed is mostly useful to compare CPUs of the same basic archetecture, for example a 4 core ivy bridge CPU at 4.2 GHz is faster than a 4 core ivy bridge at 3.4; however this is not directly comparable to other CPUs. As a general statement clock for clock Intel is faster than AMD (so a 3.4 GHz Intel core is faster than a 3.4 GHz AMD core).

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

No they have giggawatts.

To answer the OP, I can't help you much sorry my PC is always current (read last 2-3 years) so I never have problems running games so I never look at the requirements ... I will play with the settings inside the game if it is choppy at max.

It is useful if you have an older computer imo. Always go  with recommended settings because the minimum are useless in my book.

Games don't have a clock speed. If you're referring to the minimum specifications required to play games, then that is is a different story.

Somebody+call+the+sWAT+team+someone+just

I do not think you understand what GHz refers to. It refers to the clock speed of a CPU core. If you are asking a question about games and CPUs please rephrase as I have no idea what you are trying to find out.

...?

just...wat

games dont have ghz

This is what I'm talking about

post-37315-0-21686300-1383003565.jpg

Yes, overtime games will most likely require faster CPUs/more cores, this doesn't necessarily mean 3.4 or 4.0 or 5.0 GHz given that the exact clock speed is not a good point of comparison just a general indication of speed. Games will also require faster GPUs and larger storage and more memory so saying that future stuff will need better hardware than current stuff isn't much of a statement.

What the game is talking about here is the clock speed of your processor. The only issue with that is that clock speed is not really a thing you can compare with other different processors. 

A perfect example is comparing the clockspeed of a Haswell processor (let's say 4770k) vs. a generation older Ivy Bridge processor (let's say 3770k). Now, according to CPU Benchmark, the 4770k will perform about 6% better at the same clock speed.

So in almost any case, I would take the minimum specs with a grain of salt.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I just want to do this to the OP.

post-37426-0-76936800-1383016844.png

Now I don't have to listen to people that have absolutely no idea what their talking about.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

I just want to do this to the OP.

attachicon.gifcommented.png

Now I don't have to listen to people that have absolutely no idea what their talking about.

What does that mean?

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Your question doesn't make an sense. Clock speed is determined by the CPU and has nothing to do with the game. if you don't have enough CPU performance raising the clock speed will help but CPUs don't really matter for the majority of games.

// What does that mean?

Did you say something?

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

Did you say something?

Did you say something?

Yes I did

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3