AMD Stock Cooler latches too short

Hello.

I need some help with my AMD Stock Cooler installation.

I have my AMD X4 860k cpu inside the mobo pins already but when I set the heatsink on it it seems that the latches are too short maybe. I can connect one latch but the other can't reach it and it's kind of hanging there.

If anybody could offer some help I would appreciate it.

Thank you and have a nice day,

_DSC0415.JPG_DSC0416.JPG

2 minutes ago, notthatgoodwithtech said:

Hello.

I need some help with my AMD Stock Cooler installation.

I have my AMD X4 860k cpu inside the mobo pins already but when I set the heatsink on it it seems that the latches are too short maybe. I can connect one latch but the other can't reach it and it's kind of hanging there.

If anybody could offer some help I would appreciate it.

Thank you and have a nice day,

_DSC0415.JPG_DSC0416.JPG

attached the latch without the black leaver thingy first, then lift the leaver so that its vertical, you should now be able to latch on the other one, then just press the leaver back down 

I just tried it and for some reason its even harder now. The latch with the black thingy can barely reach it now

2 minutes ago, notthatgoodwithtech said:

I just tried it and for some reason its even harder now. The latch with the black thingy can barely reach it now

it might take a while, but thats the way it goes on, amd need to update their mounting method because its f**king stupid.

2 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

it might take a while, but thats the way it goes on, amd need to update their mounting method because its f**king stupid.

It is much better than intel's solution. It is so easy to break push pins off and their sockets are easy to fuck up. Intel needs to get on AMD's level.

Just now, Comic_Sans_MS said:

It is much better than intel's solution. It is so easy to break push pins off and their sockets are easy to fuck up. Intel needs to get on AMD's level.

Ehh i'd rather break a motherboard than a cpu

this is what it looks now. when i put the black thingy up vertically it didn't do anything. the other sise is hooked but not this one

_DSC0420.JPG

Just now, 8-Bit Ninja said:

Ehh i'd rather break a motherboard than a cpu

AMD CPU pins are also much more robust than intel's newer PGA solutions. AMD pins are actually quite durable.

Intel needs to fix Socket P, that shit is bad!

3 minutes ago, notthatgoodwithtech said:

this is what it looks now. when i put the black thingy up vertically it didn't do anything. the other sise is hooked but not this one

You're almost there. Now tilt the latch down to the left side, make sure the other side is in the hook and push this side down until you can hook it. Then turn the latch all the way to the right. 

Oh my god it worked. Thank you all so much to the people who replied. This is my first build so i was scared to put any pressure on the latch but it worked.

Thank you all again for the help. xD

strange my AMD FM2 went on easy without effort

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

5 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

strange my AMD FM2 went on easy without effort

Mine went on easy too, getting it back off was a pain though lol.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter