Need opinion on speakers i found in basement

gtx1060=value

I was recently at my parent's house, and in the basement i found this set of swans-hifi(hivi) speakers - the m200 specifically - these are estimated to be from the 2005 - 2007 era - anyone know how good they are, what they are worth (they were in original boxing, unopened still haven't opened them) should i use them or store them somewhere safe and sell them later

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

pictures please.

can't open the boxes as it might decrease value but ill get some online 

basically the ones attached but the oldest possible version

12.jpg

1 minute ago, gtx1060=value said:

can't open the boxes as it might decrease value but ill get some online 

basically the ones attached but the oldest possible version

According to HeadFi they're pretty good mid range value speakers for a small desk. If you have an amp to hook them up to (or whatever is needed to power them) then feel free to listen to them.

Speaker technology hasn't changed much in decades so even an old set of speakers from the 70s could be very sweet-sounding today.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

3 minutes ago, Himommies said:

Use them and if they sound good keep them

so old that i doesn't use an actually cable to connect to speakers, it uses those little metal wires to connect to the speaker - i was wondering how much they might be worth since swans and hifi went out of business - already have a pair of bose speakers

Just now, STRMfrmXMN said:

According to HeadFi they're pretty good mid range value speakers for a small desk. If you have an amp to hook them up to (or whatever is needed to power them) then feel free to listen to them.

Speaker technology hasn't changed much in decades so even an old set of speakers from the 70s could be very sweet-sounding today.

Just now, gtx1060=value said:

so old that i doesn't use an actually cable to connect to speakers, it uses those little metal wires to connect to the speaker - i was wondering how much they might be worth since swans and hifi went out of business - already have a pair of bose speakers

I would say maybe 100ish dollars but due to the lack of connectivity and the obscureness of the brand there probaly arent be that much buyers.Also are these the same companies

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_odkw=swans+m200&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xhivi.TRS0&_nkw=hivi&_sacat=0

My life

2 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

Copper wire? That's still widely used today. It's super cheap, you can get like 100 miles of it on Amazon for thirty dollars. Just learn how to wire (scissors + 5 minutes of time) and plug them into an amp and let 'er rip

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Just now, Himommies said:

I would say maybe 100ish dollars but due to the lack of connectivity and the obscureness of the brand there probaly arent be that much buyers.Also are these the same companies

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_odkw=swans+m200&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xhivi.TRS0&_nkw=hivi&_sacat=0

i dunno - i see the same company speakers selling for 20 grand and ppl bid on that - imma try for 400 

i dunno - i see the same company speakers selling for 20 grand and ppl bid on that - imma try for 400 

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/HIVI-SWAN-M1-monitor-speaker-kit-5-5woofer-ribbon-tweeter-crossover-component-/221373408197?hash=item338ae223c5:g:~EQAAOxy4c5RvJpS judging by that and since that is new and there is 1 view per hour you might as well start at 450 because that speaker was release in 2003 mate

My life

2 minutes ago, Himommies said:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/HIVI-SWAN-M1-monitor-speaker-kit-5-5woofer-ribbon-tweeter-crossover-component-/221373408197?hash=item338ae223c5:g:~EQAAOxy4c5RvJpS judging by that and since that is new and there is 1 view per hour you might as well start at 450 because that speaker was release in 2003 mate

that model is worse than mine - im gonna start at 600 - buy now at 1000 that'll be my pc money this year

that model is worse than mine - im gonna start at 600 - buy now at 1000 that'll be my pc money this year

Wait is yours new

My life

YES

well just start at like 800 honestly they might get you a Titan XP

I was under the assumption they were open because they were in a basement

My life

Just now, Himommies said:

well just start at like 800 honestly they might get you a Titan XP

I was under the assumption they were open because they were in a basement

my parents are chinese - it was a gift from a family friend - i came home for thanksgiving a month ago and found them - been sitting on them ever since and i figured i could just sell them or keep them 

my parents are chinese - it was a gift from a family friend - i came home for thanksgiving a month ago and found them - been sitting on them ever since and i figured i could just sell them or keep them 

I'm asian too but for us usually when we get a gift we have to open it and act happy even if you got a algebra book

oh btw you should just list them now judgeing by ebay they should be sold in 1 day 

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=hivi&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

My life