Should I fold the metal-sticking-out parts of my rear I/O Shield?

I just succesfully popped in the rear I/O shield into my ATX case and I have an ATX motherboard that I want to put in there now, but there are these little (presumably flexible, but I havent tried because metal fatigue is an issue) prong-like parts of the shield sticking out inside near the USB and ethernet port holes - should I bend these or should they left alone?  I can take photos if this isn't descriptive enough.

If they're pointing inside of your case, it's fine. That's the way it was designed.

They should be left alone. They are there to keep a little pressure between the I/O ports on the motherboard, the I/O shield, and the case so that it prevents potential buzzing noises from vibrations generated by the system. If you have the motherboard properly lined up and installed, then the little "prongs" shouldn't interfere with the I/O ports.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

They should not be folded, but if they're in the way and getting into the i/o ports. just slightly bend them up a bit. Do not flatten them.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list