Would it be possible with HTML5 (wix site)

tydraestor

Would it be possible to make a script that would allow a youtuber to when they upload a video it gets auto put into the player on the wix site, for example, if i uploaded a video it would get added to my websites front page for the most recent video, here's the website for a base type thing, i have no experience with software engineering, and i have no idea where to start when it comes to this. it would really help me be more efficient when it comes to making and producing videos. Thanks for any help possible!

Its going to need to use some javascript, not just HTML.

Tech enthusiast and CS Student

9 minutes ago, CmzPlusHardware said:

Its going to need to use some javascript, not just HTML.

Yeah, you can't use the API because it's a wix site. In other words, you're stuck with client-side stuff (HTML and JS). 

If this thingy works: 

https://www.youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?channel_id={channelID}

Then use javascript to parse the XML, then you can get the latest video link and the rest is easy.

(I would be more useful but I'm at posting this at work :))

API is javascript too, It probably uses JSONP, I didn't look at it in depth.

This StackOverflow post seems to address what you want, but the accepted answer uses a deprecated API, but the second answer would work if you only want to embed one video. Here is the snippet, taken from the second answer on that thread (You need to replace YOUR_CHANNEL_NAME_HERE with your channel name, of course):

<iframe width="300" height="200" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed?max-results=1&controls=0&showinfo=0&rel=0&listType=user_uploads&list=YOUR_CHANNEL_NAME_HERE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You certainly could expand that to load multiple videos with some JavaScript, or just leave it like that. Also, here is the link to the JavaScript Google API.

42 minutes ago, Kushi said:

Yeah, you can't use the API because it's a wix site. In other words, you're stuck with client-side stuff (HTML and JS). 

If this thingy works: 

https://www.youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?channel_id={channelID}

Then use javascript to parse the XML, then you can get the latest video link and the rest is easy.

(I would be more useful but I'm at posting this at work :))

i have no idea how to even start, i need someone else to do it, if you would like to it would be appropriated but if it was moderately complicated please do not do it