Will it Work?

Hey guys please check out my build, it's basically the same as Linus' new $2000 build, except prices are in AUD and I changed a few things like the motherboard, ssd and hard drive to suit my needs.

I just want a second opinion from you guys to make sure it all works and change things if needed. And then I can go ahead and make it already!

PcPartPicker: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/C7LVGf

Thanks, Chunks.

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

Whats the use for this PC?

Video games.

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/2wdjNN

Go for this instead, changed to 6700k and 16 gigs and z170 

things to keep in mind

ips 144hz panels tend to have more than usual backlight bleed (Dosen't matter much if you aren't in the dark or using black color)

Rival 300's rubber sides tend to wear away very quickly, just a QC problem from SS

things to keep in mind

ips 144hz panels tend to have more than usual backlight bleed (Dosen't matter much if you aren't in the dark or using black color)

Rival 300's rubber sides tend to wear away very quickly, just a QC problem from SS

Thanks, so I don't need 32 gigs of ram?

I need a dual band wireless connection in my build because I can't do wired, does the msi suffice?

thanks.

things to keep in mind

6 minutes ago, Jack Chunks said:

Video games.

Can agree with @Aytexchoice. Even IF you are recording, editing ect.. the 6700k and 16GBs of RAM is plenty to do that. Oh and.. erm don't buy a $650 motherboard. You'd need/want something very specific out of it to justify such an expensive part. You could also look into saving a bit more money by getting a 650w PSU as parts are becoming pretty neutralized in power usage and GPUs are still dropping.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

1 minute ago, Jack Chunks said:

Thanks, so I don't need 32 gigs of ram?

I need a dual band wireless connection in my build because I can't do wired, does the msi suffice?

thanks.

Just get a wireless adapter and you should be good to go.

I prefer asus but thats just me :P 

1 minute ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Can agree with @Aytexchoice. Even IF you are recording, editing ect.. the 6700k and 16GBs of RAM is plenty to do that. Oh and.. erm don't buy a $650 motherboard. You'd need/want something very specific out of it to justify such an expensive part. You could also look into saving a bit more money by getting a 650w PSU as parts are becoming pretty neutralized in power usage and GPUs are still dropping.

My reasoning for the deluxe motherboard was for the dual band wifi, it's something that I really require because my dog loves chewing ethernet cables.

5 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Just get a wireless adapter and you should be good to go.

I prefer asus but thats just me :P 

Great so this is cheaper, and it'll perform my task better?

One more thing you might not know. The s340 case get scratched very very easily. I'd say buy something that's a bit more expensive but have better quality. It's not a bad case it just very sensitive. 

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

1 minute ago, Cyberspirit said:

One more thing you might not know. The s340 case get scratched very very easily. I'd say buy something that's a bit more expensive but have better quality. It's not a bad case it just very sensitive. 

Thanks for the tip, I'll make sure to be very careful with the case and it's side panels.

All you have to do is scratch it with your nail sadly it's that sensitive. But other than that its a great budget case. 

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.