My PC won't boot with 2 sticks of ram.

Hi and thank you for your time for reading this.

So I just built a brand new PC and I'm a new builder. Now my PC will boot with one stick of ram not two. I don't know why. It has the latest bios and xmp is on with default settings. But yet it still wont boot with two sticks. Any help is greatly appreciated. Both sticks have been tested on the same dimm slot and both work.

4 minutes ago, Christian5220 said:

Hi and thank you for your time for reading this.

So I just built a brand new PC and I'm a new builder. Now my PC will boot with one stick of ram not two. I don't know why. It has the latest bios and xmp is on with default settings. But yet it still wont boot with two sticks. Any help is greatly appreciated. Both sticks have been tested on the same dimm slot and both work.

Are  they the same exact model of ram? 

3 hours ago, fpo said:

Are  they the same exact model of ram? 

Yes both of them are 8gb crucial ballistix ram. Part of the 2x8 kit

what motherboard do you have? Check your manual to make sure they're in the right slots. Assuming you have more than 2 slots there may be a problem. 

Yup both are in the dimm 2 and 4 slots just like they have it in the manual. Actually before I installed my gpu my pc ran fine with 16gb of ram.

Just now, Christian5220 said:

Yup both are in the dimm 2 and 4 slots just like they have it in the manual. Actually before I installed my gpu my pc ran fine with 16gb of ram.

try running them without utilizing dual channel, or in the other channel. I'm not sure what configurations you tried. Do the slots work with the old ram? Idk if a slot could have gone bad. If that's possible. 

I doubt this is the problem but do you have enough watts? Most likely plenty. It's like 1 watt difference. 

3 hours ago, fpo said:

try running them without utilizing dual channel, or in the other channel. I'm not sure what configurations you tried. Do the slots work with the old ram? Idk if a slot could have gone bad. If that's possible. 

I doubt this is the problem but do you have enough watts? Most likely plenty. It's like 1 watt difference. 

This is a brand new self built machine so I don't have any old ram, and what do you mean by "dual channel"? I'm very new to pc building. Sorry.

This forum says it may be the motherboard and the guy said that after tweaking settings it eventually worked fine. 

art4-2.jpg

Ignore the values and numbers in this picture. 
If you put both sticks in the blue slots they run in what's called dual channel. Idk what it does but it runs faster and they run basically like 1 stick of ram. If you put on in a blue slot and one in a black slot they don't run in dual channel. 

1 minute ago, Christian5220 said:

I guess I'll just play with the bios for a while then.

try removing the battery from the motherboard and power plugs from the motherboard for 30 seconds and then plug everything back in. Removing the power will reset the settings. 

If it doesn't work, then try different ram configurations. 

Since the direction of the 24 pin connector must correspond to the way the slots are facing then I guess I'm not running in dual channel. Or at least I have one placed in my 2nd dimm slot.

1 minute ago, Christian5220 said:

Since the direction of the 24 pin connector must correspond to the way the slots are facing then I guess I'm not running in dual channel. Or at least I have one placed in my 2nd dimm slot.

check the manual to see how they recommend plugging in your ram.