1/3 of ALL Galaxy Gears returned to stores

TopWargamer

http://www.techradar.com/au/news/phone-and-communications/who-s-keeping-watch-a-third-of-all-samsung-galaxy-gears-returned-to-store-1193959

okay-meme-face.jpg<---Samsung

Over 30 per cent of customers buying the Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch don't like it enough to keep it, according to leaked internal documents from a major US retailer.

Although Best Buy has been selling plenty of Gears, alongside Galaxy Note 3 smartphones (the only compatible device at launch), they're being returned in droves, the documents revealed.

"The Galaxy Gear attachment rate within Best Buy is the highest among all channels; however the overall return rate is trending above 30 per cent," according to the leaked papers.

Looks like your Galaxy Gear wasn't up to snuff, Samsung. If Samsung were to make the Galaxy Gear compatible with all or most of Android of phones, and drop the price just a bit, I could see the Galaxy gear really catching on. If it was compatible for my G2, and if I had the money, I'd buy one over a Pebble in all honesty. 

COMIC SANS

Samsung is almost turning into Apple. They could make a Galaxy Shit and it would still sell, just like how Jobs could go up on stage and sell you an iTurd.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

I don't think they expected it to sell anyways, or at least be a keeper. The whole idea is pretty experimental.

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

I have the sony smartwatch 2.

Its probably not worth the money but its pretty cool for the "wow" factor

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

"Sir, many of the Galaxy Gears are getting returned."

Well, it looks like the Galaxy Gear

*puts on sunglasses*

couldn't shift into gear...

YEAAAAAAAAAAAA

Damn, that's a terrible pun.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Well Samsung, looks like the Galaxy Gear

*puts on sunglasses*

couldn't shift into gear...

YEAAAAAAAAAAAA

Damn, that's a terrible pun.

I'm cringing over here.... 

I'm more interested in the next version of the Pebble. I won't spend over $150 for a smart watch

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

I called this months ago, nobody needs a smartwatch right now, it's too soon, I called it that sammy's in particular would fail as soon as they announced that it was only available for a few devices, they alienated like 80 percent of their market by doing so. 

i think the fact they put a camera and a mic on it .... yet its got a crap battery life sorta put on the path to fail

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Apple is making a smartwatch, the only difference is that apple has a good track record of having first time devices seem like a complete product, unlike samsung or microsoft.  With this said, the Apple iWatch will sell in millions, probably be compatible with any device running ios 7 and will probably run a full iphone app, but only the important info.  Ex. when you want to check your calendar, you scroll through the iWatch to find the app and it will show you what's happening that day and will take that info from the cloud, same thing with video and pictures, will probably sync up through bluetooth and just plain work.  Conversely, it will be around $250- $300 if not more.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

Apple is making a smartwatch, the only difference is that apple has a good track record of having first time devices seem like a complete product, unlike samsung or microsoft.  With this said, the Apple iWatch will sell in millions, probably be compatible with any device running ios 7 and will probably run a full iphone app, but only the important info.  Ex. when you want to check your calendar, you scroll through the iWatch to find the app and it will show you what's happening that day and will take that info from the cloud, same thing with video and pictures, will probably sync up through bluetooth and just plain work.  Conversely, it will be around $250- $300 if not more.

One slight problem with that theory.

This would technically be the first new product line Apple have released since Jobs passed away and considering that Mr Cook so far has shown that he isn't up to par, I wouldn't get your hopes up too high for the iWatch.

One slight problem with that theory.

This would technically be the first new product line Apple have released since Jobs passed away and considering that Mr Cook so far has shown that he isn't up to par, I wouldn't get your hopes up too high for the iWatch.

They aren't, but what does anyone know, if it's good it will sell millions, if it's bad it will sell millions.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

if a smart watch is gonna cost that much, it better be able to perform sexual favors!... or at least run worthwhile apps...

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

I'm not surprised, battery life is garbage and functionality is pretty limited. So far there doesn't seem to be any feature on any smart watch currently available that really makes them all that interesting. They are accessory devices at this point just like a fitbit or nike fuelband is. There isn't any feature that I have seen anyone mention for a smart watch that leads me to believe that this will be the next product category to blow up.

i think the fact they put a camera and a mic on it .... yet its got a crap battery life sorta put on the path to fail

And not the fact that it can only be paired with about 3 phones?

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

And not the fact that it can only be paired with about 3 phones?

i think that is lower on the ladder ... since  alot of those phones have been sold, especially in the Asian markets

Its all about those volumetric clouds