Voiceclient.exe is a trojan?

Go to solution Solved by MrTralala,

Update: I managed to track it https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EZJFQ4C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 You know what? I think I'm gonna play safe and reset my PC, again.

So I am a little worried. Having reset my computer, I only have Windows defender as my antivirus.

I plugged in my microphone which is called "Microphone TP6920" and I get a notification from Windows Defender that it is removing the trojan from my computer. "Voiceclient.exe" was the file in hand and was said to execute commands from the attacker according to Windows Defender. The thing that startles me is though, is it really removed?

Here is a picture of how my microphone looks like this (To be honest, I didn't even know it was a Chinese brand). I bought it off Amazon 2 years ago and have been using it since then. But looking back, every computer since then has had problems, could be coincidence but seems unlikely at this point.

Anyone has any experience with this Microphone? Also could anyone explain to me what is a Trojan horse and how can I find out if my computer has? I'm quite worried at this point, hoping for any guidance in what to do now.

scan with malware bytes or comodo cleaning essentials just to be sure.

A trojan is malware that hides inside legitimate software.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

5 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

scan with malware bytes or comodo cleaning essentials just to be sure.

A trojan is malware that hides inside legitimate software.

Ok done. Results came clean. Just curious though, I was thinking about uninstalling the USB controllers in the device manager to get rid of the Microphone usb driver when I plug it into the computer for the first time but would be necessary to do so or am I safe?

Just now, trevor_leong said:

Ok done. Results came clean. Just curious though, I was thinking about uninstalling the USB controllers in the device manager to get rid of the Microphone usb driver when I plug it into the computer for the first time but would be necessary to do so or am I safe?

I would say its a false positive by windows defender, does the mic still work after that file was removed if so I wouldn't worry about.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

7 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

I would say its a false positive by windows defender, does the mic still work after that file was removed if so I wouldn't worry about.

Well the actual file itself is still located in the USB drive of the Microphone and Windows Defender only detects it as a trojan when I click into the usb drive of it. I tried deleting it with Unlocker (which requires me to reboot my computer when I do so) but I am not sure whether it got deleted and automatically regenerated itself or it couldn't be deleted. I also deleted the quarantined file in Windows Defender when it had detected the Voiceclient.exe.

The Microphone works fine.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, Avira did detect it as trojan as well. I couldn't do a virustotal test but I remember browsing before about this and some programs did detect it as a trojan as well.

Reset as in reinstall?  If that's the case back it up!  If the virus still comes back up give the post a holler ^^ 

1 hour ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

The last 2 comment basically say the same thing as you LOL. Never heard of that. 

Wut?

1 hour ago, KyonEXE said:

Reset as in reinstall?  If that's the case back it up!  If the virus still comes back up give the post a holler ^^ 

As in Windows 10 settings>Update and security>Recovery>Reset this PC

5 hours ago, trevor_leong said:

Wut?

As in Windows 10 settings>Update and security>Recovery>Reset this PC

Ohhh right.  Haha my bad.  Well is it gone? :D  Did you throw away the mic? :D 

9 hours ago, KyonEXE said:

Ohhh right.  Haha my bad.  Well is it gone? :D  Did you throw away the mic? :D 

Hm....I wouldn't know. I mean I would have to wait it out a few days to see if there is any issues with my PC before I can safely say it is gone.

As for the mic, hell yeah, I'm gonna thrash that motherfucker.

Shameless self promotion

Since I am gonna need a new mic, I was hoping anyone who came across this thread could give some suggestions for a new microphone here.