Good Headsets/Microphone brand?

MrTralala
Go to solution Solved by MrTralala,

Update: I bought the Logitech G230 Headset in the end. Let's see how it goes.

So I am currently looking for an affordable gaming headset with microphone/a stand-alone microphone on Amazon but I just can’t quite put my finger on which headset I want. I see the Logitech G230 Stereo Gaming Headset at a reasonable price (though I am quite worried since it does not mention it works with Windows 10) but I never had any experience with Logitech in general or any to do with gaming headsets so I was hoping anyone with this headset could share their views on it, particularly the microphone quality. Anyone who has experience with headsets in general are welcomed to recommend me a few headsets (or stand-alone microphones) that is below 40 USD (if possible, I don't want to hit near this). Oh and rip money.

Also does anyone have any experience with Sades? I have never heard of their brand and despite the good reviews they get, I strangely trust the LTT community's judgement more lol.

Oh and I almost forgot, I have a question regarding USB headsets: Is it a single USB or does it have separate USB for the headphones and microphone? If it is only one, would I still be able to use my speakers and microphone simultaneously?

Specs

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-6700 processor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home (64bit)

Memory: DDR4 2133MHz 16GB

Graphics Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960 2GBDDR5

Storage:

1TB SATA (7200RPM)

128GB SATA SSD

CD/DVD drive: SuperMulti DVD RW

Wi-Fi/Bluetooth: 802.11ac and Bluetooth 4.0

PSU: 500 W

4 minutes ago, trevor_leong said:

You should include you're specs i am not sure what a good headset is for that price but i have a astro a40 which has always served me well, and lasted longer than any other headset i have purchased, however i do not get surround sound on pc since i have no on board audio card with my mobo, i still use it but it is a noticeable change i am sure you probably have a better system than me though mine is ancient now lol Good Luck

Treat people how you want to be treated.

:)

2 minutes ago, Dannykins said:

You should include you're specs i am not sure what a good headset is for that price but i have a astro a40 which has always served me well, and lasted longer than any other headset i have purchased, however i do not get surround sound on pc since i have no on board audio card with my mobo, i still use it but it is a noticeable change i am sure you probably have a better system than me though mine is ancient now lol Good Luck

m8, you are rich lol. Anyways, I've included my specs now.

Just now, trevor_leong said:

m8, you are rich lol. Anyways, I've included my specs now.

haha if you look at my specs on my profile you will see how poor i am, i actually got the a40s about 3 or 4 years ago on black Friday and they are still going to this day, it was well worth the money i paid, even if it was quite expensive, but back then i was not really into pc gaming so that is why my specs are so bad :/ 

Treat people how you want to be treated.

:)

Sades sucks big time, in my country people get them cos its cheap af, like $10-25 you get a 7.1 headset lol. You cant complain with that price tag, you get what you pay for.

Go for HyperX Cloud cores, those are the best bang for your buck headsets. Above that its better to stick to a headphone and separate mic.

If you want the virtual surround sound you can download it for free on the internet, razer have one.

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

7 hours ago, nicobombai said:

Sades sucks big time, in my country people get them cos its cheap af, like $10-25 you get a 7.1 headset lol. You cant complain with that price tag, you get what you pay for.

Go for HyperX Cloud cores, those are the best bang for your buck headsets. Above that its better to stick to a headphone and separate mic.

If you want the virtual surround sound you can download it for free on the internet, razer have one.

Oh lol, but like is it bad because of the sound quality or mic quality?

Man, those HyperX Cloud cores are above my budget, 40 USD is my maximum as mentioned in my OP.

I guess yea, maybe getting a stand-alone microphone might be more suited for my case after all.

15 hours ago, trevor_leong said:

Oh lol, but like is it bad because of the sound quality or mic quality?

Man, those HyperX Cloud cores are above my budget, 40 USD is my maximum as mentioned in my OP.

I guess yea, maybe getting a stand-alone microphone might be more suited for my case after all.

Both, if you want to have good headset for a long time get something else.

Cos i got a few friends using sades, all of them goes off after 5-6 months. But its too cheap to complain here so you get the point.

Cloud stinger can be an option if you want em, heard its around that much?

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

2 hours ago, nicobombai said:

Both, if you want to have good headset for a long time get something else.

Cos i got a few friends using sades, all of them goes off after 5-6 months. But its too cheap to complain here so you get the point.

Cloud stinger can be an option if you want em, heard its around that much?

Oh I see. Alright I guess Sades is not an option.

Currently the HyperX Cloud Stinger goes for 49.99 USD cheapest on Amazon, over my budget so rip.

Update: I bought the Logitech G230 Headset in the end. Let's see how it goes.