Formula VI and Crossfire 280X Matrix

Zajeb

Okay peeps I am in dilemma.

I made 2 rigs and i cant decide what to take. I know first one will work perfectly together but i am not sure about second one. Will all components fit together.

So first rig looks like this :

post-10615-0-35102500-1382909725_thumb.j

Only thing I am not sure about it is PSU, if needed ill go for 850 one.

Second rig looks like :

post-10615-0-63640900-1382909879_thumb.j

So :

1. Will 2 Matrix cards be able to be placed on Formula VI with enough space for them to breath ?

2. I was looking on benchmarks and power consumption of 1 Matrix on one site is 420W and second 290W. Not sure maybe first one was whole system.

Will PSU be enough ? If it is enough will Coolermaster V850W be better option ( Japanese caps, generally lot better PSU )

3. Is it justified to get those 2 matrix cards over normal DCII ?

And if you have any other idea. plz say.

3. If you like aesthethics so much it justifes the cost in your opinion.

2. Just get a RM850 and you will be fine, and about the 420 watt vs 290 is that the 290w is the card and the 420w is the whole system.

1. Yes.

Get the first config. Corsair's RM PSUs use shitty CapXxon capacitors for the secondary capacitors.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

why are RM series shitty?

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

why are RM series shitty?

Bad caps. PSU gets very hot and fan don't start blowing until 60% of load.

Way to solve this is to flip PSU so fan is located up, so some heat can run out of box.

2 matix cards are fine on this board and will not demand more than a 750W PSU. I suggest to consider some headroom, so any good 850 or 1000W PSU will be fine.

I personally havent heard anything bad about corsair's rm series psus.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

They both work but I wouldn't recommend either. 

Where are you shopping? What's the system being used for?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Get a AX 860i

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

I have already ordered few items. Ill order few more items in 2 weeks after things settle down.

http://www.computeruniverse.net/en/

So ordered things are :

post-10615-0-44707500-1383247070.jpg

Things to order are :

post-10615-0-91469000-1383247212.jpg

Graphic cards are debatable.

Cross 280x, Sli 770, 780, 780 Ti, Maybe cross 290 ( depending on price and aftermarket availability ) 290x ( if they arrive fast enough )

Rig is plainly for gaming. 1080p atm, but maybe later 1440.

I have already ordered few items. Ill order few more items in 2 weeks after things settle down.

http://www.computeruniverse.net/en/

Graphic cards are debatable.

Cross 280x, Sli 770, 780, 780 Ti, Maybe cross 290 ( depending on price and aftermarket availability ) 290x ( if they arrive fast enough )

Rig is plainly for gaming. 1080p atm, but maybe later 1440.

Get a single 780 or 290x if you're gaming at 1440p. A single 280x/7970 will be enough for 1080p and will max out almost everything.

The h110 has loud stock fans. Be prepared to be annoyed if you actually order it. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Get a single 780 or 290x if you're gaming at 1440p. A single 280x/7970 will be enough for 1080p and will max out almost everything.

The h110 has loud stock fans. Be prepared to be annoyed if you actually order it. 

If you put them on 1000 rpm they are silent enough. They are better option then 100i coolers.

If you put them on 1000 rpm they are silent enough. They are better option then 100i coolers.

I'd recommend replacing the fans if you're getting any of the hydro series from corsair. Of course, you can get it and see if the sound isn't too bad. It depends on the person.

I'd recommend replacing the fans if you're getting any of the hydro series from corsair. Of course, you can get it and see if the sound isn't too bad. It depends on the person.

I have stock 4870 in my rig. So anything that is quieter is awesome. Also i got myself Audio Technica ATH M50, closed head phones. And they work fkn awesome. I didn't hear door ringing next 4 m away from me.

I have stock 4870 in my rig. So anything that is quieter is awesome. Also i got myself Audio Technica ATH M50, closed head phones. And they work fkn awesome. I didn't hear door ringing next 4 m away from me.

If you have a stock 4770 and you're not oc'ing don't bother throwing so much money on such an expensive cooler. Just get a Hyper 212 Evo for cheap and lower the fan speed. It'll be very quiet.

If you want the cooler just for looks, get an H60 and replace the stock fan.

If you have a stock 4770 and you're not oc'ing don't bother throwing so much money on such an expensive cooler. Just get a Hyper 212 Evo for cheap and lower the fan speed. It'll be very quiet.

If you want the cooler just for looks, get an H60 and replace the stock fan.

4870 is old Ati card, not Intel processor.

4870 is old Ati card, not Intel processor.

Oh, I assumed you made a typo.