So what have you bought so far?

29 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Very nice Poster !! :D 

It's coming down. :P  The posters on that wall worked when it was 48" TV but with a 65" it just blocks them and I want to take the two down and it'd look lopsided with just one poster.  So Tron will be taken down to be replaced by some 110cm floating shelves from Ikea to hold more of my geeky stuff.

There are however four posters on the opposite wall behind the couch.

1 minute ago, AshleyAshes said:

It's coming down. :P  The posters on that wall worked when it was 48" TV but with a 65" it just blocks them and I want to take the two down and it'd look lopsided with just one poster.  So Tron will be taken down to be replaced by some 110cm floating shelves from Ikea to hold more of my geeky stuff.

There are however four posters on the opposite wall behind the couch.

You should seriously frame that one... ;)

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

6 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

You should seriously frame that one... ;)

But on the other wall I have Ghostbusters, The Matrix, Back To The Future and Forrest Gump. :P  Though I'm going to replace those with new ones and get them plaqued once I can afford it.  Plaqued posters are way nicer than framed ones. :D

I bought a lot of stuff today that i was going to buy anyway that werent on sale, but i did pick up some stuff that was on sale.

Amazon

Senheiser HD 598 cs head phones (on sale $99)

the rest was a bunch of soldering stuff.

From steam i bought

Bro-force

Star wars empire at war

Command and conquer 3 bundle

and star wars republic commando

I then ventured out and hit up 3 of the retro video game stores in my area.  

Store #1 didn't have anything worth spending money on.

Store #2 bought some blue ray dvds and a dalek figurine

Store #3 bought Kingdom hearts for the Gameboy advance, and some A/V cables for my sega saturn.

Then i hit up harbor freight and bought some stuff, but i honestly don't know if any of the stuff i bought was on sale or just their normally low prices.

Gator clips

Tool bag tote

Flush clippers

Cable ties

Normally i go to my sister's for thanksgiving dinner and i help out with the cost by buying most of the ingredients used.  Because of work stuff i wasn't able to do that this year; so i ended up spending the same amount of money just on stuff for me instead of food for the family. 

Nothing. My local bestbuy had a gtx 1070 evga sc for $450. Which is amazingly overpriced. So I'm justwaiting for cybermonday.

Black Friday?

Hot Topic:

RWBY: Fall of Beacon shirt - $10

RWBY sticker - $2.00

Origin:

Battlefield 1 Standard Edition - $39.99

Steam:

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon - $3.99

I'm still looking for a cheap GPU to run monitors, and a cheap SSD and cheap hard drives.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

15 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

Hot Topic:

Fall of beacon shirt?

BEACON FELL?!

GOD DAMNIT I NEED TO WATCH THE NEXT VOLUME.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

20 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Where do you have room for such a large tv?  

What brand is it?  

I really want to either get a 4K tv or monitor sometime in the next 6 months if I can manage it.

Does anywhere have decent deals on PC components?  

Not that I've seen, what I bought so far was just normal price. Best Buy had some logitech stuff on sale for a good deal

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

1 hour ago, Dash Lambda said:

Fall of beacon shirt?

BEACON FELL?!

Yeah you do, especially since we are over a fourth way through volume 4 already.

So uh, I bought some stuff. New shoes from DC, took advantage of a BOGO deal with Build A Bear and got some art program half off. 

4cd6133c149234f73e8b8fd00213d59fa7392433f6be6ec2bd51f89a33632081_1.jpg

No but seriously, other than going to work this morning, I spent the entire day inside. I want nothing to do with black friday and all the crazies out there.

I'm waiting for Cyber Monday... but even there, I might not get anything too, because really, the only thing I would want to buy, is parts for a new PC, but I would rather wait until next year. 1- Because my current PC is still more than capable to handle another year and 2- Because, maybe, hopefully, if Zen shake things up, Intel will finally get off their butt and release a compelling product worth upgrading to for the first time in 5 years instead of just "10% better IPC" each year, which really I doubt you truly notice the difference it makes outside of a synthetic benchmark, like higher memory speed.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Unfortunately there's hardly a decent bf sale in my country regarding computer parts, it's their usual misleading 50-70% off wherein the discounted price is the original price if you bought them from a store. Best deal I managed to get was a Samsung 850 Evo 250gb for $60 and I don't even know if the order pushed through since I got an e-mail that the order is awaiting stock.

15 hours ago, Thunderpup said:

From steam i bought

Bro-force

Star wars empire at war

Command and conquer 3 bundle

and star wars republic commando

Store #3 bought Kingdom hearts for the Gameboy advance, and some A/V cables for my sega saturn.

Normally i go to my sister's for thanksgiving dinner and i help out with the cost by buying most of the ingredients used.  Because of work stuff i wasn't able to do that this year; so i ended up spending the same amount of money just on stuff for me instead of food for the family. 

Nice!  Empire at war gets a little repetitive for me but it's still very good.  Perhaps you could let me know if you have any issues running it?  I'd tried playing that on my main desktop running W10 (pretty sure that was the computer I used) but it ran laggy or stuttered, one or both, and was somewhat unplayable as as result.  I never did figure out if there was a way to fix that.    Republic Commendo is also very good.  C&C3 is my favorite of the Tiberium universe games.  The last great hurrah before EA murdered C&C with that Godoka awful 4.  

Is that the card based KH game?  I had that but I never finished it.  Hopefully you have better luck.

That's too bad you weren't able to go to your sister's home.  Assuming you like your family it's nice to get to see them.  I had to skip thanksgiving with the relatives too though in my case it was because I was not in a good place mentally and needed some alone time.  

14 hours ago, kaiju_wars said:

Black Friday?

Hot Topic:

RWBY sticker - $2.00

Steam:

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon - $3.99

Hottopic has RWBY stuff?  Crap I was there earlier but all I got was a Legend of Zelda shirt and a Eeveelution shirt.  I totally didn't think to look for any RWBY stuff...

Any idea if Assault Horizon is any good?   I haven't played an Ace Combat game since that Zero something game that came after 5.   

14 hours ago, Dash Lambda said:

Fall of beacon shirt?

BEACON FELL?!

Me too...  ?

14 hours ago, Psybadek said:

Not that I've seen, what I bought so far was just normal price. Best Buy had some logitech stuff on sale for a good deal

That's frustrating...  I swear the deals were better years ago.  I only found a few movies for super cheap and a few games for presents but only 1 for me.  Skyrim SE on PS4 if you're curious.  I have it on PC but it's $25 on Amazon currently so I figured what the heck I'll get it in case it ever has issues on my computer.  

12 hours ago, Mooshi said:

So uh, I bought some stuff. New shoes from DC, took advantage of a BOGO deal with Build A Bear and got some art program half off. 

Awesome.  What did you get at build a bear if you don't mind my asking?  

I'm still hoping I could get an Eevee at some point but I might settle for the blue reindeer.  Or possibly the white one with the cool looking blue cape.  

12 hours ago, TetraSky said:

4cd6133c149234f73e8b8fd00213d59fa7392433f6be6ec2bd51f89a33632081_1.jpg

No but seriously, other than going to work this morning, I spent the entire day inside. I want nothing to do with black friday and all the crazies out there.

I'm waiting for Cyber Monday... but even there, I might not get anything too, because really, the only thing I would want to buy, is parts for a new PC, but I would rather wait until next year. 1- Because my current PC is still more than capable to handle another year and 2- Because, maybe, hopefully, if Zen shake things up, Intel will finally get off their butt and release a compelling product worth upgrading to for the first time in 5 years instead of just "10% better IPC" each year, which really I doubt you truly notice the difference it makes outside of a synthetic benchmark, like higher memory speed.

I salute your commitment to sanity. ?  The main reason I went out today was because I was hanging out with a friend and we were bored after binging on The Walking Dead for most of the afternoon.  Also to grab The Last of Us Remastered on PS4 for $10 USD to be part of a Christmas present for my other friend since we happened to be at a mall with a GameStop anyway.  

2 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Any idea if Assault Horizon is any good?   I haven't played an Ace Combat game since that Zero something game thst came after 5.   

It's a fun game.  Don't go into it thinking of it as an Ace Combat game.  As a standalone game, it's awesome.

It's not on sale but in trying to get my hands on the 960 Pro 512GB but its out of stock everywhere and from what I have been reading, No one that has pre-ordered it has gotten a shipping confirmation yet...

CPU: Intel i7-8700k 5GHz @ 1.35v | Cooling: EK Predator 360 | MotherBoard: ASUS z370-E | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb 3200MHz (4 x 8GB) | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 TI OC

Case: Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra Modded side panel | SSD: Samsung 512gb 960 Pro | HDDS: 3TB Segate 7200rpm / 4TB HGST 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA G3 1000w | Display:ASUS VG248QE 24" / HP 25" 2511x / SAMSUNG 35" TV

Ex HDD: 3TB WD MyBook USB 3.0 | Keyboard: Rosewill MX Blue / Corsair K70 Red | Mouse: Logitech G602 | OS: Windows 10 64-bit Home Premium

I bought a TV wall mount, a 5m long rgb led strip kit, some teriyaki chicken, but the most important purchase of all was this majestic thing:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004RSVTJM/ref=s9_acsd_hps_bw_c_x_4_w

A glorious new cat condo for the lady of the house. She is going to love it. When I moved last I threw away her old one so I thought it's time for a new one.

15 minutes ago, Ptopman said:

It's not on sale but in trying to get my hands on the 960 Pro 512GB but its out of stock everywhere and from what I have been reading, No one that has pre-ordered it has gotten a shipping confirmation yet...

I don't think any store has them yet. I want one too.

Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ (non-OC variant, 8Gb) because it was 25% off, which, in fact, took it down to its real price, not the overinflated one retailers generally shove down our throats around here

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

1 hour ago, kaiju_wars said:

It's a fun game.  Don't go into it thinking of it as an Ace Combat game.  As a standalone game, it's awesome.

Cool.  I just might have to get it.  I haven't really looked at the steam but I'll have to remember to get this if it's that cheap and is actually good in its own way.  

44 minutes ago, Tibbles said:

I bought a Dell P2417H monitor and a Huion New 1060 Plus drawing tablet.

Is that a good monitor?  Idk the specs and it's 3am so I'm too lazy send tired to look them up.  ?

40 minutes ago, TacticlTwinkie said:

I bought a TV wall mount, a 5m long rgb led strip kit, some teriyaki chicken, but the most important purchase of all was this majestic thing:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004RSVTJM/ref=s9_acsd_hps_bw_c_x_4_w

A glorious new cat condo for the lady of the house. She is going to love it. When I moved last I threw away her old one so I thought it's time for a new one.

I didn't know anyone made a led strip that long to use in a computer.  What are you going to use it for?

What brand is it btw?

I love teriyaki chicken.  It's sooo good.  ?

Question: the lady of the house is your cat not a wife or girlfriend?  

Last question: how'd you come up with your username?  I like it.  ?

6 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Nice!  Empire at war gets a little repetitive for me but it's still very good.  Perhaps you could let me know if you have any issues running it?  I'd tried playing that on my main desktop running W10 (pretty sure that was the computer I used) but it ran laggy or stuttered, one or both, and was somewhat unplayable as as result.  I never did figure out if there was a way to fix that.    Republic Commendo is also very good.  C&C3 is my favorite of the Tiberium universe games.  The last great hurrah before EA murdered C&C with that Godoka awful 4.  

Is that the card based KH game?  I had that but I never finished it.  Hopefully you have better luck.

Have you tried telling windows to run it as a earlier version of Windows in compatability mode?

Ive played and already own empire at war and commando,  but i can't locate the disks lol.

Are you asking is bro-force a card based game?  if so no it isn't.   its a 2d run & gun in a retro style.  all the characters are spoofs of 80s & 90s action movie guys.  

Its kind of like a cross of between metal slug and super meatboy.

5 hours ago, Tibbles said:

It'll be delivered to me next week, so I can't actually tell from experience. :P However from looking at the spec sheet and reviews it seems to be pretty decent.

Oh.  Well I hope you like it when you get it.  ?

50 minutes ago, Thunderpup said:

Have you tried telling windows to run it as a earlier version of Windows in compatability mode?

Ive played and already own empire at war and commando,  but i can't locate the disks lol.

Are you asking is bro-force a card based game?  if so no it isn't.   its a 2d run & gun in a retro style.  all the characters are spoofs of 80s & 90s action movie guys.  

Its kind of like a cross of between metal slug and super meatboy.

I think so.  I think I'd even googled something about problems with Empire at War and found something about setting/adjusting CPU affinity or something like that I think.  I didn't really understand what it the search result had said to do beyond being able to follow the directions to do it.  But I'm pretty sure even that didn't fix the problem I was having.  At least not entirely.

I never did try my disc copy to see if the digital download had the same issue or not.  Losing discs for games does suck doesn't it?  ?

Sorry.  I was asking about the GBA Kingdom Hearts game if it was the one where the combat was based on using cards each with its own use/effect.

On Steam;

• Left 4 dead 2
  • Just cause 3
  • Resident Evil 4

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

3 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

On Steam;

• Left 4 dead 2
  • Just cause 3
  • Resident Evil 4

Left 4 Dead 2 is fun as hell, have over few hundred hours on this game and still love it