What should i do with it? Mac Mini (Late 2012)

I just acquired a late 2012 mac mini from my parents because they bought a imac. What should i do with it? I have plenty of monitors and keyboards so accessories arent a problem.

Specs

dual core i5 2.3ghz

4gb drr3L 

500gb hdd

Any thoughts?

(PLS NO APPLE HATE... ITS NOT THE POINT OF THE THREAD)

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

APPLE??!?!?! 

REEEEEEE!!!!!

(jk)

You could probably make a server out of it if you're interested in that kind of thing 

Hook it up in your living room tv and use it as a media center type thing. Otherwise idk you could sell it. 

Just now, anybodykek said:

mac mini uses iGPU

Oh well then he must say something like "Intel graphics for hd graphics coming directly from a powerful and mighty i5" iSheep is gonna buy it overpriced

So true it hurts

Either use it as a HTPC (even if it is underpowered)

Or sell it. For some reason Apple product still sell for quite a lot of money, even they very old ones. Because sheeples are dumb. 9_9

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Just now, SirFlamenco said:

Oh well then he must say something like "Intel graphics for hd graphics coming directly from a powerful and mighty i5" iSheep is gonna buy it overpriced

"Intel's advanced graphics processors have been harvested organically and conflict-free. Intel, funding African Warlords since 1970."

2 minutes ago, anybodykek said:

"Intel's advanced graphics processors have been harvested organically and conflict-free. Intel, funding African Warlords since 1970."

"You could render 5 Jonas Savimbi at the same time with these mighty chips."

So true it hurts

1 minute ago, SirFlamenco said:

"You could render 5 Jonas Savimbi at the same time with these mighty chips."

"Intel is bringing GDDR6 to the mainstream with it's all new Iris Pro 640 graphics."

Might as well close the thread -- the OP asked for no Apple hate but all the people that can't abide by a simple request are still inserting their anti-Apple toxins. Pretty sad really. Whatever happened to lead by example?  

OP, I'd use it connected to my TV with a nice wireless mouse or trackpad. 

2 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Or sell it. For some reason Apple product still sell for quite a lot of money, even they very old ones. Because sheeples are dumb. 9_9

Came across a 2006 MacBook one time. Was covered in grim (the keyboard and palm rest was clearly yellowed), and wasn't in working order (i.e. doesn't boot). The dude still wanted $150 for it. Oh and it didn't come with HDD, charger, or battery.

Some people just overvalue their Apple products ridiculously.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

5 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Possibly dumb question: what is an htpc used for?  ?

They make great computers for any home use shy of gaming.   I have 2 around the house.  One as an itunes server and the other as basic Desktop for work use.  

So as for use.   HTPC, Home server, general computer usage, etc.  As I said.  Anything shy of gaming.  Also keep in mind that they have Thunderbolt which means there are some eGUP options as well.  

People try to compare them to custom desktops.  This is not what they are.   They are more like a higher end NUC.  

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

4 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Some people connect it to their big ass tv and use it as a tv box.... 

I don't....

Cos I don't have a big ass tv xD

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

I think those Mac Mini are great. 

If I am not wrong the 2012 model still allows you to upgrade the HDD and RAM.

If you want to use OS X, upgrade the ran to at least 8G and swap out the HDD for SSD.

Then basically you are using a brand new machine. 

The difference between SSD and 5400rpm HDD was like day and night. 

Or as others suggest you can turn it into a server or sth,...... I don't know how....

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

5 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

"Home Theater PC"

Basically, to watch movies on your TV easily. Some people also use them to play games, like emulators and what not.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

11 hours ago, TheBestUserName said:

Might as well close the thread -- the OP asked for no Apple hate but all the people that can't abide by a simple request are still inserting their anti-Apple toxins. Pretty sad really. Whatever happened to lead by example?  

OP, I'd use it connected to my TV with a nice wireless mouse or trackpad. 

It's impossible to not make fun of apple in a pcmr forum lel

8 minutes ago, anybodykek said:

Sure you can.  It is called maturity. 

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Just as other people said you can use it as HTPC. It'll work pretty well, but swap the HDD with an SSD. That 5400RPM drives are shit. 

8 minutes ago, KWelz said:

Sure you can.  It is called maturity. 

Well said sir. There are plenty threads to hate on Apple, just go there. The guy asked simple question. If you don't want to answer then go further to the next thread - that simple!

Main Rig - AMD Ryzen 1800X @ 3.9 - NZXT Kraken X62 - MSI X370 SLI PLUS - G.Skill TRIDENT Z RGB 16GB 2667MHz - 2 x Gigabyte GeForce GTX1080 WindForce OC - NZXT S340 (Purple-White) - OCZ 120GB, Seagate 1TB - Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold - SAMSUNG S24D590 24", HP L1950g - Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum - Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - Creative Cambridge Sound Works + two random Philips speakers, Logitech G430 headset - Win 10 Pro x64

Retro Gaming PC - ASUS T3

Server - HP ProLiant DL380 G6(Currently assembling it) - 2 x Intel Xeon E5520 2.26GHz 8MB Quad Core Processor

NAS - Zyxel NSA320S 2 x Seagate Constellation ES 2TB(RAID1) - QNAP TS-212 1 x 500GB

-=Logitech FanBoiiiiiiii=-

I love NZXT as well <3

1 minute ago, spamy666 said:

Rip all the guts out of it and make a cool custom PC

Would make a cool case, unless you want to use it as a home media center then it'll probably work fine as it is?

1 minute ago, spamy666 said:

Would make a cool case, unless you want to use it as a home media center then it'll probably work fine as it is?

okay, that was stupid, its way too small...

1 hour ago, anybodykek said:

Yes, you can. 

Side note:  This isn't a "PCMR" forum.  Last I checked, there are several sections here.  Audio, home theater, hobbies, phones, etc.  

What gave you the arrogant impression this is a PC Master Race forum?  If that's what you're looking for (trying to fit in?) there are other places on the internet that appreciate that sort of toxicity.