G4400 VS I3 6100

Hey, I don't think you got the part picker link right, just leads you to an empty list.. thought i'd just let you know to help out!

ok sorry i will try update this

2 minutes ago, DrHazard said:

Hey, I don't think you got the part picker link right, just leads you to an empty list.. thought i'd just let you know to help out!

2 minutes ago, DrHazard said:

Is it worrking now?

Just now, Jorgen297 said:

no, dont copy the URL, copy the thing on the page

Lol sorry

You want the unique permalink above the build list. I need to find that gif that shows where it is...

Right off the bat, the Pentium is strictly dual-core. Many games won't like that and you're most likely going to experience stuttering. The i3 6100 would be the better choice.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Even the i3 6100 won't work well with the GTX 1070, are you planning on upgrading it later?

You were linking the website part list so I got the last build I made, so what is above is irrelevant now.

Back on point, with that GPU you really want to get the i3 6100 at the least, the G4400 won't cut it. (Also have you considered getting a RX 480 with a non-blower cooler?).

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Just now, HKZeroFive said:

You want the unique permalink above the build list. I need to find that gif that shows where it is...

Right off the bat, the Pentium is strictly dual-core. Many games won't like that and you're most likely going to experience stuttering. The i3 6100 would be the better choice.

Yep go it fixed now thanks for the advice

4 minutes ago, Jorgen297 said:

This is a horrible, horrible CPU bottleneck. The 480 is way stronger than a dual core processor. The i3 would be better, but you'll have to get an i5 to not bottleneck in many games. 

Do you know any cpu that would keep the build at around 500

8 minutes ago, 1Gigabyte said:

Do you know any cpu that would keep the build at around 500

Wait for zen to come out and maybe prices will drop :/

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

Wait for zen to come out and maybe prices will drop :/

Yes i have plenty of time maybe the prices will go down on black friday/cyber monday

29 minutes ago, 1Gigabyte said:

Hello everyone!

I am building a new pc but I don't know what CPU to chose... This is my current plan: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/nFtgQV

I want to know what intel cpu i should use i3 6100 or the  Pentium G400?

Many thanks! :-)

Go for an i3, and 8gb of ram, and possibly a h110 board to save some money, or if that saves enough try to fit in something like an i5 6400/6500.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

yes i was thinking swaping out the 480 for 1050ti maybe but i will wait and see...

3 minutes ago, 1Gigabyte said:

yes i was thinking swaping out the 480 for 1050ti maybe but i will wait and see...

That is a big drop in performance. Going for rx 470 for yhe same money is a better option.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/7cbXYr

It is possible to fit an i3 6100 and a rx 480 in that budget though.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

3 hours ago, 1Gigabyte said:

Hello everyone!

I am building a new pc but I don't know what CPU to chose... This is my current plan: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/nFtgQV

I want to know what intel cpu i should use i3 6100 or the  Pentium G400?

Many thanks! :-)

I'd go with the i3 6100, since that way you get decent performance, but spending the money on an i5 6500 is optimal