Gizmodo criticises Louis Rossmann's review of the Macbook Pro, Rossmann hits back

patrick3027

Louis makes some really good points about apple products in his videos like aluminium is not premium at all that thing is slippery shit that will make you care for it more than your baby and is pain to use anywhere else not table. 

But cold truth is people who have too much cash to throw away are not tech pros and for them shiny rose gold looks with apple sticker is what matters when scrolling facebook in public to show off.

On 11/17/2016 at 7:13 PM, LucidMew said:

I know you're trying to be progressive and all (lol)

> Trying to be progressive

> Assumes secretary gender is female, then calls someone sexist for mentioning the existence of such secretary in their business.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 hour ago, Oberon.Smite said:

I'm pretty sure he does this because of the premium price that Apple's products carry. 

He does it because people are more willing to pay to fix their Mac's. Plus there's also less diversity. He needs donor boards and schematics. So it's far more cost effective to buy donor boards for a dozen products then hundreds/thousands that he'll likely only see once.

1 hour ago, Oberon.Smite said:

Your point is partially true. But consider that there are both hardware and software that have a certain aimed-at demographic which are actually the minority when you factor in all users of that device.

Most users of the device are probably people who want an Ultrabook, but the software still exists for anyone who wants to do more.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

8 hours ago, Energycore said:

> Trying to be progressive

> Assumes secretary gender is female, then calls someone sexist for mentioning the existence of such secretary in their business.

> using meme arrows on LTT

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

19 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

What Apple claims is irrelevant. It's clearly an ultrabook device (that also happens to be capable of handling professional audio/video editing better than more powerful laptops if FCP/LP meet workflow needs). I've said this before in regards to Intel, AMD, and Nvidia, and I'll say it again. What matters is who the device best suits the needs of, what doesn't matter is what the claimed use of the device is. But as I said, it can still handle professional work -- if FCP is just as good for your specific needs as Premiere, then a MBP will outperform even the best laptop you can find. 

Claims very much matter. A company needs to be called out if they claim a product is good for something when it clearly isn't. Otherwise it's just ignoring a company outright lying and acting like being honest isn't important. Everything matters. From what the product actually is to what the company claimed it was.

5 hours ago, patrick3027 said:

> using meme arrows on LTT

I only ever use them when something is so shameful that they deserve no better treatment from me. Like gizmodo.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 hour ago, Derangel said:

Claims very much matter. A company needs to be called out if they claim a product is good for something when it clearly isn't. Otherwise it's just ignoring a company outright lying and acting like being honest isn't important. Everything matters. From what the product actually is to what the company claimed it was.

yes yes go tell that to

Razer, Logitech, audio-technica, Asus, Corsair, Coolermaster, redbull and etc. They have all said something about a product that wasn't true. Redbull gives me "wings" xD, the Audio-technica ATH m50x headphones are "monitor" headphones, yet they have a 7dB bass boost.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

I've typed on the new MacBook Pro more than once, and... it's noisier than the old model, but it's not exactly ruckus.  If you want to complain about keyboards, look at the clear majority of Windows PC keyboards that are super-loud.  I wish chiclet keyboards (like in the Deathstalker series or Microsoft's new Surface keyboards) were standard across the industry.

My only big beef with the new MacBook Pro is the ideological "purity" of it -- it's Apple assuming that USB-C can cover all the bases, and that a more portable design is inherently worth the tradeoffs.  It'd work just fine for me, but it feels less like the excellent all-rounder that was the earlier gen.  I might still get one, though, because I like the Touch Bar, smaller footprint and improved overall performance/display quality.

23 minutes ago, Commodus said:

I've typed on the new MacBook Pro more than once, and... it's noisier than the old model, but it's not exactly ruckus.  If you want to complain about keyboards, look at the clear majority of Windows PC keyboards that are super-loud.  I wish chiclet keyboards (like in the Deathstalker series or Microsoft's new Surface keyboards) were standard across the industry.

My only big beef with the new MacBook Pro is the ideological "purity" of it -- it's Apple assuming that USB-C can cover all the bases, and that a more portable design is inherently worth the tradeoffs.  It'd work just fine for me, but it feels less like the excellent all-rounder that was the earlier gen.  I might still get one, though, because I like the Touch Bar, smaller footprint and improved overall performance/display quality.

I kind of agree about the keyboard. Id have no problem using it, and as I said earlier, I'm very easily bothered by noises (listening to subversive chew gum or eat when I'm not drives me crazy), but I don't find the keyboard bothersome. And it feels pretty good to type on too. But it is still noisier than the old model and I also don't think it should be compared to shitbook keyboards (it should be compared against other high end ultrabooks).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.