Any ideas for christmas presents Girlfriend.

IAmAkiro

So short story, I haven't been with my Girlfriend for long, but yet I'd like to give her a present, i have a max of $71 

I am concidering a necklace + belgium chocolate, but i am not sure, i know she loves Belgium Chocolate, but jewlery I am not sure of, but I am very bad at buying gifts, and it's hard to ask her what she like without she kinda knows.

191642001.jpg?width=1140&height=1140&mod

I am thinking this for $36

and then this for $21 Luksus%20choko%20i%20tr%C3%A6skrin%2018%

Am i too dumb buying such cheap gifts?

We don't have that many places to go, i live in a small town and the travel fee would be around 31 dollars to get there + entrance. :P 

gotcha.

You being in a different country i have no idea what there is to do where you live so i just listed stuff women usually really like.

Being in a small town doesn't mean you are without options.  You could still do the picnic thing, maybe surprise her by cooking her dinner, get some friends together and organize a game night.  

I could likely cook dinner as well, but we aren't toghetter at christmas, sorry for not telling this too :D 

We both have freetime till 23rd and she will come up to me at the 20th till 22th :P 

Cooking dinner doesn't sound bad at all :P 

Every girl is kinda diffrent ofc so i cannot speak for her.

But i personally like jewelry allot, so for me that would totaly work.

Maybe some nice ear jewelry if she wears that.

A bunch of strangers aren't going to know her better than you. Anyway, a few tips....rule # 1 in gift giving is to never disclose the price be it high or low. Also, don't assume because female that jewelry is the best good go to. 

Case in point, if I gave my GF jewelry it would be mostly unused and she'd feel bad if it were also expensive. What works for her? She's a gamer. A new game makes her excited. Plushies make her pleased. Gotta know her hobbies and focus on needs.  On our 4th anniversary asides from dinner, I bought her some nice Sennheiser headphones because hers were no brand cans that were failing.

Really need to be observant. A necklace and chocolate aren't bad gifts, but ask yourself do you see this being something she'd get good usage from. 

Mooshi Wauw thanks for the info though, i know at least the Chocolate is final because she told me once she loves belgium Chocolate, but I'd like to give her something really nice before i give her the last one, because I know she will be real weak in the knees after the chocolate :P 

Regarding jewelry, or basically anything that she would wear: tread with caution.

No, she wont attack you if she doesn't like it... any decent human being would at least pretend at first, wear it some, then never wear it again.

So how to ensure she really enjoys your wearable gift? Well, I usually tapped into my wife's friends for fashion advice. To put this into perspective, I've known my wife for 10 years, and I still leverage her friends for advice on wearables. Whether it's jewelry, scarves, purses, bags, clutches, watches, etc. it would behoove you to get their opinion. Granted you haven't known her for long, I'd bet her friends likely known her longer and probably have a better sense of her fashion preferences and a better sense for women's fashion in general. 

When I was dating my then-GF (now-wife), cheap gifts were defintiely "experiences" and less-so tangible. I'm talking about a simple picnic in a nice/remote location prepared and planned entirely by you. Maybe learn a simple dinner recipe and cook her a meal ($30-35 per person should buy you a very nice meal and TONS of bragging about you to her friends), or a trip to a local museum/gallery (i.e. there may even be some in your area that are free admission).

Pro-tip: if you try to cook and you're a helpless novice like I was, then make/buy extras just in case you mess up. Worst case scenario, you have leftovers for tomorrow!

Thanks for the answer as well

I don't really see her friends that much, basically just us spending time, but I am not sure what to get her for now other than the chocolate, and I'll also concider something else than jewelry, but cooking i can do though, but also hard because there is a lot she doesn't like :P

So i can ask from here, anyone have a great idea with some Pasta, that doesn't have things like mushrooms, corn or most likely anything from a can :P 

11 minutes ago, GGWP1337 said:

Thanks for the answer as well

I don't really see her friends that much, basically just us spending time, but I am not sure what to get her for now other than the chocolate, and I'll also concider something else than jewelry, but cooking i can do though, but also hard because there is a lot she doesn't like :P

So i can ask from here, anyone have a great idea with some Pasta, that doesn't have things like mushrooms, corn or most likely anything from a can :P 

Text/IM her friends then. I almost never ask them in person either unless we just happen to hang out together and have alone time. 

My go-to dinner is 2 courses:

1. I usually start with a simple spinach salad with crushed walnuts, bleu cheese crumbles, cranberry raisens, and drizzled raspberry vinaigrette. Gorgonzola crumbles or feta cheese crumbles are good substitutes if bleu cheese is too strong for her palate. 

2. Main course is garlic parmesan linguine (boxed pastaroni is fine), pan seared salmon filet, and sauted cremini mushrooms with minced garlic or onions. Easy to substitute mash potatoes instead of the pasta, and baked asparigus w/ lemon and olive oil instead of mushrooms. 

This may all sound intimidating, but it's really easy to prepare. I can count on 1 hand how often I cooked in the last 5 years and I can nail this meal every time. 

Jewelry can be hit or miss, especially if she has her own unique tastes that don't match the mainstream options.  Unless you want to fork over a ton of money get a jeweler to customize pieces for her, that she gets to choose.  I take it that's not in the plan.

Same can be said of clothing.  In fact, anything art or fashion is risky because it's so objective.

If she's been dropping hints, and you've been paying attention, buying the item she wants is a home run.  I take it that since you haven't been together that long you aren't to that point in the relationship.  Also a good sign because a girl dropping hints about gifts very early on is probably going to be high maintenance and a bit self-centered.

I think there's a trifecta you could go for.  Get her a gift she can experience, a gift she can keep (and ideally want to keep), and a gift she can choose.  Doesn't have to break the bank.  The experience shows her you're fun to be with.  The keepsake shows her you have good taste in what she wants (even better if she dropped a hint somewhere and you picked it up).  The choice shows her you're not controlling.

Cooking a nice meal for her. Then you guys watch a romantic movie under the same blanket, then after that you improvise.  *cough

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

2 hours ago, GGWP1337 said:

Mooshi Wauw thanks for the info though, i know at least the Chocolate is final because she told me once she loves belgium Chocolate, but I'd like to give her something really nice before i give her the last one, because I know she will be real weak in the knees after the chocolate :P 

As long as it's heartfelt, she'll love it. ?

4 hours ago, GGWP1337 said:

I could likely cook dinner as well, but we aren't toghetter at christmas, sorry for not telling this too :D 

We both have freetime till 23rd and she will come up to me at the 20th till 22th :P 

Cooking dinner doesn't sound bad at all :P 

Or cook for her using Sous Vide. 

I don't really know you or her but I guess being there for her alone during the holidays is already a nice gift. The chocolates will do just fine. Does she like music? How about buying her 12 months of Spotify or Apple Music subscription. If you don't feel like buying a Sous Vide, you can go to Jamie Oliver's YouTube channel.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Funny you mention that, I just bought my wife a Sous Vide for her bday. Should be arriving today. I would've purchased that one, but there's a 4-6 week waiting period. 

Girlfriends = cheap $ gifts but not cheap quality gifts

Wife = expensive gifts.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER