New moderators for the Twitch.tv streams!

Hypnotoad

I think it is about time now that the forums are up to start thinking about community and administrator selected moderators for the Twitch streams that are actually morally, mentally, and physically capable of moderation of the chat.

By morally and mentally capable, I mean that they must know the difference to right and wrong, typically someone who is at least 18 years of age and mature enough for the task. Someone who has maybe had prior experience in moderating a community of some sort. Also, when I say physically capable, I mean that they are someone who will be available every Friday night for the scheduled streams, or whenever the streams are live in their respective time zone.

We should, as a community, be assigned the task of choosing who our moderators should be (in the Twitch chat). I have been to too many of the streams and noticed almost no significant moderation going on, been in the chat when all of a sudden the chat mode changes because some randomly chosen moderator wanted to make it so only he and the other randomly chosen moderators could talk. I have noticed too many times the lack of any effort put into grammar or sentence structure from the mods, which wouldn't normally be an issue if they did their jobs, but this in combination with their incompetence forces me to believe that a majority of them are not up to the task or just lust after the power that moderating a busy chat room gives them.

Let me clear things up, I am not saying that there are no moderators who are good on Twitch, but I cannot say that there does not need to be a change.

I will PM Slick and Linus this post so that they may consider or dismiss it. However I would like to know what the community here thinks of the idea of choosing new moderators for the Twitch chat?

Thanks,

Hypnotoad

(a.k.a. krcm0209 everywhere else on the internet)