Batman Arkham Origins Crashing

Go to solution Solved by Lord Pantaloons,

Always verify your game files after you install, I've seen steam forget to install 3GB of data before.

I recently purchased Batman Arkham Origins and I am at the part where you are at the first GCR Tower. When I try to go up the ladder to the roof (I'm assuming) the game starts to load and then crashes on me with the game freezing on the loading screen. Has anyone else encountered this problem and has found a solution?

I have tried the following:

Installing new drivers (both the latest and an older version)
Unplugging my second monitor

running in both windowed and full screen

playing with and without a controller

deleting BmEngine.ini

Restarting the game and replaying up to that point (which was painful)

I'm pretty much out of ideas and I can't seem to find any solutions online. Can anyone else think of a possible solution to this? Any possible thoughts would be appreciated. The game also crashes the second I try to play multi-player but I don't really care about that right now.

System specs:

intel 2500k at 4.4GHz
Nvidia GTX 670

8GB DDR3 1600MHz Ram

The game is on a 120GB SSD

hardware info would help

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Lemme guess.......you have an AMD GPU?

Scratch that  -_-

I'm the Forum Owl

*Who*

DOH! I meant to add my hardware info. Thanks for the reminder It's now added.

actually work fine on my AMD GPU :) shame the game isn't good

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

try turning off physX. i am way past that bit, and i have physX off.

I would be fine if the game periodically crashed, but it has a crash that doesn't allow me to progress at all. I'm currently verifying the integrity of the game cache and It is downloading another 1.5GB so we'll see if that changes anything.

I have turned off Physx. I turned all graphics settings to the bare minimum and have tried it with all settings maxed as well.

Always verify your game files after you install, I've seen steam forget to install 3GB of data before.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Yeah that fixed it. I feel like a moron for not thinking of that before. Thank you for your suggestions and stopping me from throwing my computer across the room :P

Can you guide me how to verify the file game? I'm really not good at computer (and sorry for my bad English)

Can you guide me how to verify the file game? I'm really not good at computer (and sorry for my bad English)

Go to your games list in Steam, right click on the game you need to check, click "Properties", click "Local files", click "Verify Integrity of Games Cache", wait for it to finish. If any files are missing they will be downloaded, launch the game to ensure it's working properly and your done.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I have problems with the game too crashing.  For me I think its a gpu driver issue as the Geforce experience crashed it self 2 times now, needed to reset my setting's, but will do the validating steam files and see if that will help.

Cry Havoc!