No Display Name when signing up through Store

Lixwulf

The issue I encountered: I signed up to use Floatplane (to get my early LTT fix now that Vessel is gone...). Because I'd never made a forum account I chose to make one at checkout. This asked my full name (for billing purposes one assumes) but gave no option to enter a screen name. Nor was I prompted to add a display name upon logging in, rather my full legal name was set as my display name with no option to change it. (This has obviously since been fixed, thanks to Whaler_99 and ixi_your_face.)

How to reproduce the issue:

1. Go to https://linustechtips.com/main/store/ while not signed in.
  2. Order Floatplane Club (presumably other products will have the same issue, but this one I'm sure of). Make new account at checkout.
  3. Fill in all the data requested (there is no Display Name field) and pay for your purchase.
  4. Sign in with the newly created account and see your real name, as entered on the form, as your display name.

I've reproduced everything up to the first part of step 3 in both Chrome and Firefox on desktop as well as Chrome on Android, I obviously haven't reproduced the rest due to the associated cost of signing up repeated paid accounts. Still I think this enough to show it's actually an issue with the Display Name just not being asked when signing up through the store rather than a bug with the field not showing on a particular browser (it should probably be a required field anyway).

(edited because I'd forgotten to fully describe step 2)