Rainbow Six Siege is beating Infinite Warfare on PC

SlipperyPete

Inb4 next Cod that launches will take place in ww1 and will get a similar dislike count. 

They should just drop the series imho. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

RS:S is free to play for the next couple of days, so there's a surge in the number of people playing it.

Squad is also free to play for the next few days.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

On 11/10/2016 at 11:21 PM, Dan Castellaneta said:

The devs of Payday 2 fucked the community over. Rainbow Six Siege was not good on launch.

Says a lot about IW.

what happened to payday 2?

rainbow six siege had a decent launch and got boosted cause of the christmas sale

but then siege had a cheaters issue on PC and the fanbase dropped since

but yeah hope this is finally the wake up call for COD cause this is really bad for them

1 hour ago, PepperButt said:

what happened to payday 2?

rainbow six siege had a decent launch and got boosted cause of the christmas sale

but then siege had a cheaters issue on PC and the fanbase dropped since

but yeah hope this is finally the wake up call for COD cause this is really bad for them

th cheater influx was patched pretty fast actually. The fanbase dropped mainly because of other AAA titles launching, and because the game is a sort of "love it or hate it" style of game.

If you dont mind being killed from nearly impossible angles through tiny peep-holes in the wall, then you'll love it. If you like getting blown to bits from C4 placed on the ceiling below you, you'll love it.

But if that isn't your thing, you gonna get tired of R6S REALLY fast.

20 hours ago, Prysin said:

th cheater influx was patched pretty fast actually. The fanbase dropped mainly because of other AAA titles launching, and because the game is a sort of "love it or hate it" style of game.

If you dont mind being killed from nearly impossible angles through tiny peep-holes in the wall, then you'll love it. If you like getting blown to bits from C4 placed on the ceiling below you, you'll love it.

But if that isn't your thing, you gonna get tired of R6S REALLY fast.

oh i played siege a lot back then and loved it

the only reason why i don't play now cause of long queue and high ping (seems that there's not much people play in SEA)

gonna try play it again soon

On 10/11/2016 at 11:27 AM, Dan Castellaneta said:

It's a bit unfair to say that CoD still runs on id Tech 3 or whatever it does. The engine was extensively rewritten with Advanced Warfare, with very little remaining from that engine.

That being said, everything else is basically accurate.

It's the same shit with Bethesda and Skyrim/Fallout, they're beating the shit out of a dead horse and it shows. When you look at what Battlefield 1 can do with Frostbite in terms of fidelity, destruction, etc. and you compare it to Fallout 4, it's night and day.

Finally they are going to realize that it's time for something else! 

4 hours ago, RagnarokDel said:

It's the same shit with Bethesda and Skyrim/Fallout, they're beating the shit out of a dead horse and it shows. When you look at what Battlefield 1 can do with Frostbite in terms of fidelity, destruction, etc. and you compare it to Fallout 4, it's night and day.

yup, and frostbite 3 has been repurposed something like 6 or 7 tiems already. Just goes to show how important it is to have a solid engine in the first place.

5 hours ago, RagnarokDel said:

Hold your horses there partner. Not that I don'the think fallout 4 deserved a new engine *cough*and better gameplay features*cough*dialogue that matters*cough*more choices and influence*cough* but I can't point fault at skyrim (engine was good for that time) and the games are way different. can you imagine that level of destruction and terrain modularity on a game the size of fallout or skyrim? different engines do different things. Not sure if frostbyte even supports open world gameplay.

Main rig: Shockwave - MSI Z170 Gaming 7 MOBO, i7-6700k, 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz RAM, KFA2 GTX 980ti HOF, Corsair RM1000 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, WD 7200RPM 3TB, Corsair Air 540 White, ASUS P278Q 1440p 144Hz display.

Laptop: Lenovo Y510p, i7-4700HQ, 12 GB (8+4) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GT755 2GB SLI graphis card, 1366x768 display.

31 minutes ago, Miguel Batista said:

Hold your horses there partner. Not that I don'the think fallout 4 deserved a new engine *cough*and better gameplay features*cough*dialogue that matters*cough*more choices and influence*cough* but I can't point fault at skyrim (engine was good for that time) and the games are way different. can you imagine that level of destruction and terrain modularity on a game the size of fallout or skyrim? different engines do different things. Not sure if frostbyte even supports open world gameplay.

I'm sure you could probably retool Frostbite to work for that. Hell, it worked for 3 Need for Speed games and FIFA 17. 

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 hour ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I'm sure you could probably retool Frostbite to work for that. Hell, it worked for 3 Need for Speed games and FIFA 17. 

It did but thone are relatively small in scope games. The NFS world is not totally destructible and very simple (unlike fallout's or Skyrim's) and Fifa is limited to a single stadium. I mean, it would be awesome if they managed it but I wouldn't get my hopes up. They do need a new engine for the next instalments. Something that looks ime the Witcher 3 but has gamepad mechanics more akin to Jedi knight: Jedi Academy. especially in terms of combat. It haseems been more than a decade since that game came out and I have yet to play a game with such  engaging melee combat mechanics.

Main rig: Shockwave - MSI Z170 Gaming 7 MOBO, i7-6700k, 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz RAM, KFA2 GTX 980ti HOF, Corsair RM1000 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, WD 7200RPM 3TB, Corsair Air 540 White, ASUS P278Q 1440p 144Hz display.

Laptop: Lenovo Y510p, i7-4700HQ, 12 GB (8+4) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GT755 2GB SLI graphis card, 1366x768 display.

1 hour ago, Miguel Batista said:

different engines do different things. Not sure if frostbyte even supports open world gameplay.

I dont know if it's able to or not but when a company makes as much money from every game they release as Bethesda, you expect a proper game engine instead of the lazy-ass shit they pulled with Fallout 4.

2 minutes ago, RagnarokDel said:

I dont know if it's able to or not but when a company makes as much money from every game they release as Bethesda, you expect a proper game engine instead of the lazy-ass shit they pulled with Fallout 4.

I have to agree with you. Fallout's 4 was a major disappointment for me... Never even finished. Never got sucked in like other Bethesda titles managed to do.

Meanwhile ppl like me don't want infinite warfare but don't really have much of a choice if they want mw remastered q.q

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

On 11/10/2016 at 11:15 AM, SlipperyPete said:

I think its very interesting that a game like Rainbow Six Siege which has a smallish pc community and a almost four year old heist game are beating out the "most anticipated call of duty ever"

Very cool to see a solid shift in PC fps popularity away from COD and it shows that people are willing to accept different games in COD's place.

https://gamerant.com/infinite-warfare-low-steam-player-numbers/

Yeah i dont think it was the most anticipated If any that would be Modern warefare 2 where Call of duty had huge hype after the First modern warefare was great.

I dont know a single person who was excited for Infinite at all. Black ops 3 seemed to do much better and was the first one i bought since modern 3