$800 White Themed Graphic/Gaming Rig

Shadelow Star

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Dxrm3F

$800 Desktop PC for Mid/Light Graphic Editing, Video, and Gaming with a White Theme

After much consideration over parts and reading from tech sites, I've come up with this build here as seen on PCPartPicker.

My intent of this build is to finally have myself my a full-on desktop rig, with more then enough power for no slowdown whats-so-ever during day-to-day use, Potentially interested in more gaming in the future as well as live streaming, thus a powerful CPU and potential to upgrade the GPU.

CPU: i5-6600K with Aftermarket Cooler
A top of the line CPU for the price, with a potential to OC to the huge 4.0ghz mark. Though the 6500(stock fan) is a much better value ($200 vs $265), the fan likely would likely not support any overclocking or extended turbo speeds, as well as it's turbo clock pretty much equal to the base of the 6600k. For the sake of playing and encoding in 1080p, this will more then suffice.

Motherboard: Asus Z170-E ATX
While I considered the higher end Z170-A board, the higher price point essentially only comes down to better overclocking and M.2 slots. While I could get far cheaper for all the way down to $50, I would prefer for the quality board and potential for adding more power in the future, instead of buying a whole new build when prices may not be as ideal.

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 DDR4-3200
I have a feeling there will be concern towards needing so much RAM and that the clockspeed is rather meaningless in use, but primarily I will be working in very large image files (10,000x10,000 resolution) with many layers on top of one another, as well as video encoding running alongside a game. If the DDR4-3200 would benefit towards the speed that these large files and quick writes accomplish, or that I'll never see over 8GB let alone a full 16GB, then please let me know. 

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256gb

Something rather underpowered in terms of storage, but for the sake of saving your standard, day-to-day information, 256gb is solid for OS, programs and important files. In my situation, I will keep larger game files and backups on old drives I already own.

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1050
While better cards are definately on the market, I'm only just getting into this. I'll only ever be gaming for the following years at 1080p maximum, and wouldn't care to drop settings for the sake of solid 60FPS. I would spend more of my time playing through my backlog of games I missed, as well as older titles, and not buying brand new releases. Please let me know if around the price you would see any greater value cards, though for myself, $200 would be the limit.

I listed the basics, for the most part. I'd like just some general ideas anyone may have on this build. For the most part, the case is a deal, the motherboard is very popular, and fans always have lots of colors. Only the RAM seems to be more expensive, though if suggestions say to buy a cheaper card, then I'll get a normal, better value card.

For the sake of anyone thinking about this build for themselves, I would suggest only 8GB of lower clocked RAM, and a 1TB HDD instead of SSD, and putting the remaining money into a Graphics Card in the $200 mark. For that bit more gaming potential, you will run many games faster if you get an i5-6500 and then use all that extra money to purchase something like an Rx480. 

Unmentioned purchase: Asus PB25Q8 25" 1440p monitor
For the sake of workflow (and NOT 1440p gaming) I would add this monitor. It often goes on sale for only $280, and minus the SSD from the build above, this would in total be an even $1,000 build.

Get a new PSU because that one is of terrible quality

EVGA G2 is good

Else for cheaper

Corsair CX550M

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($235.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($29.90 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus Z170-E ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($119.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial MX300 275GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($69.98 @ B&H)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Video Card  ($139.99 @ B&H)
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($45.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($33.99 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan  ($15.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $791.80
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-11-08 15:53 EST-0500

9 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Get a new PSU because that one is of terrible quality

EVGA G2 is good

Else for cheaper

Corsair CX550M

i think the bronze evga unit is absolutely fine for a budget build as many reviewers and enthusiasts have recommended it many times, most notably paul form paulshardware. 600w is slighty overkill and the 500B would do just fine.

as for the case, go for one with a window. for $69 u can get a phanteks p400 that looks beautiful and should be cheaper as with many other pc parts due to black friday.

Just now, the crunchiumo said:

i think the bronze evga unit is absolutely fine for a budget build as many reviewers and enthusiasts have recommended it many times, most notably paul form paulshardware. 600w is slighty overkill and the 500B would do just fine.

as for the case, go for one with a window. for $69 u can get a phanteks p400 that looks beautiful and should be cheaper as with many other pc parts due to black friday.

but he has enough for a decent one

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

but he has enough for a decent one

yeah but for a budget build where every dollar counts i would prefer putting it into a better case

Just now, the crunchiumo said:

yeah but for a budget build where every dollar counts i would prefer putting it into a better case

800 is not a small budget anymore. Agree but all of the white window good case costs more

10 minutes ago, EminentSun said:

Why theme your build if you have a windowless case? I would reccommend upgrading to the s340.

1 minute ago, the crunchiumo said:

It's a loose and very basic "white" theme. As I said, only the RAM costs me anything extra to get in a white version, and besides that, it's a white fan, and white pieces on the GPU and Motherboard, so internally it's more mundane. 
I'll admit, the cases you both recommend look very great, and do have a nice window. I'll have them in mind come the time to buy, but I'm partial to the NZXT for the sake of it's more professional look, though just a color that isn't just black. 

5 minutes ago, Shadelow Star said:

It's a loose and very basic "white" theme. As I said, only the RAM costs me anything extra to get in a white version, and besides that, it's a white fan, and white pieces on the GPU and Motherboard, so internally it's more mundane. 
I'll admit, the cases you both recommend look very great, and do have a nice window. I'll have them in mind come the time to buy, but I'm partial to the NZXT for the sake of it's more professional look, though just a color that isn't just black. 

NZXT s340 has window and is white

3 minutes ago, Shadelow Star said:

the aesthetics of the parts youve chosen are actually really nice and putting it in a windowless case would be a huge disservice to all the color matcing. really consider a nicer case. as for the p400 vs the s340 its not a big difference but the phanteks has more cooling vents up top and more hard drive mounting options. 

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

NZXT s340 has window and is white

I meant as in the case I had picked out, not the windowed versions. Sorry on that confusion.

1 minute ago, the crunchiumo said:

the aesthetics of the parts youve chosen are actually really nice and putting it in a windowless case would be a huge disservice to all the color matcing. really consider a nicer case. as for the p400 vs the s340 its not a big difference but the phanteks has more cooling vents up top and more hard drive mounting options. 

Another good point, but I'll balance the choices here. Before I hadn't considered a window, nor maybe a lower level PSU

Just now, Shadelow Star said:

I meant as in the case I had picked out, not the windowed versions. Sorry on that confusion.

Another good point, but I'll balance the choices here. Before I hadn't considered a window, nor maybe a lower level PSU

dont cheap out too much on the psu just get the 500B and youll be right as rain :) 

1 minute ago, Shadelow Star said:

Yes get a better psu, maybe a windowed case and you will be food

Thank you on the suggestions. Glad to see that most of the choices I've made seem to be perfectly fine, even for a first build.