Best headset/headphones for no more than 300$

Matias_Chambers

I'm looking to finally get a proper headset. I'm currently using some random random earphones I found. My budget is 300$. I play video games, do video editing, and listen to music a lot.

1 minute ago, Matias_Chambers said:

I'm looking to finally get a proper headset. I'm currently using some random random earphones I found. My budget is 300$. I play video games, do video editing, and listen to music a lot.

What's your preferred sound signature? Do you have an idea?

What genres of games/music do you mainly listen to?

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

Just search google for the best pair of headphones for 250$ and strap a ModMic on it. "Gaming" headphones usually have a lower sound quality for the amount of money you pay for them.

I have the Sennheiser G4ME ZERO along with multiple other Sennheiser headphones. Honestly it doesn't sound that good for the price compared to other Sennheiser products. The microphone on the G4ME ZERO is really good though, but a ModMic is also amazing.

Computer: Maximus VIII Gene - i7 6700k @ 4.2 GHz cooled by a Deepcool Frostwin v2.0 - Sapphire R9 280X Dual-X - 4x4gb Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 3600 mHz - Samsung 950 Pro 512gb - Seagate Barracuda 1tb - Corsair RM750X - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass Grey with a 2m Enthoo Luxe RGB strip.

Peripherals: IKEA Bekant desk -  2x Dell 1080p IPS monitors - Corsair K70 RGB with Cherry MX Browns - Steelseries Sensei with a Steelseries QCK mousepad and a Sennheiser G4ME ZERO white

1 minute ago, Floris_Heinen said:

Just search google for the best pair of headphones for 250$ and strap a ModMic on it. "Gaming" headphones usually have a lower sound quality for the amount of money you pay for them.

I already have a Blue Yeti mic.

Why does aytex beat me to everything ffs

I agree with him though, a Game one/zero or pc363d from sennheiser

You could also probably get the sennheiser 593 and a blue yeti or snowball. I would go with the above options though.

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

Then why do you need a headset if you already have a mic??

Maybe I should say headphones? Sorry I'm not that good with audio stuff. 

I would suggest either the AKG 701 or the Sennheiser HD 600 they're both under $300 and sound really good.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

1 minute ago, Matias_Chambers said:

Sound signature? I listen to all kinds of music. Here's my playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlklQ26SSK9WsX4LUY300oxeMpfGEipJV

Sound signature meaning like some people are super bassheads or are classical nerds or whatever lol

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

Senneiser hd6xx. They're on Massdrop right now .

I5 4470     -     Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo    -    Asus Strix GTX960    -    12Gb ram    -    Adata SP600 128Gb    -    Seagate 2Tb    -    AsRock Fatal1ty B85 Killer    -    Seasonic M12II EVO 520        

IN WIN 703    -     Dell P2414H    -    LG Flatron M197WDP    -    CMSTORM Quickfire XT with MX blue's    -    Logitech  G502

"To finish first, you first have to finish"