I want to build a new pc. An mini itx build with an i5 6600k and an gtx 1060 (the only good part of my old pc). But i am not realy sure what motherboard  i should pick. I thinkt that i should go with an z series board for oc, but it's more expensive than a ASRock H110M-ITX/ac that i found on the internet. Is it a big deal not to be able to overclock?

Sry for my bad english :)

Overclocking will help a lot. But it won't be groundbreaking or anything like that. If you aren't getting a z170 board then get a 6500 instead

5 minutes ago, RedMatterCrafter said:

I want to build a new pc. An mini itx build with an i5 6600k and an gtx 1060 (the only good part of my old pc). But i am not realy sure what motherboard  i should pick. I thinkt that i should go with an z series board for oc, but it's more expensive than a ASRock H110M-ITX/ac that i found on the internet. Is it a big deal not to be able to overclock?

Sry for my bad english :)

If you don't want to overclock, don't get the k cpu and save a couple bucks. Overclocking is nice, gives you ~15-25% more cpu power, and should make your computer relevant for an extra year or 2 longer. Is it a big deal if you cant OC? not really, especially if this is a computer for youtube, facebook and word. If you are planning on gaming, I would always recommend the K+Z cpu/mobo because I feel like you should become comfortable with your system if you are already taking the time to build it.

Then the question I should have posed at the start, what are you going to be using this system for, will it have a dedicated GPU?

When in doubt, re-format.

2 minutes ago, pwn_intended said:

If you don't want to overclock, don't get the k cpu and save a couple bucks. Overclocking is nice, gives you ~15-25% more cpu power, and should make your computer relevant for an extra year or 2 longer. Is it a big deal if you cant OC? not really, especially if this is a computer for youtube, facebook and word. If you are planning on gaming, I would always recommend the K+Z cpu/mobo because I feel like you should become comfortable with your system if you are already taking the time to build it.

Then the question I should have posed at the start, what are you going to be using this system for, will it have a dedicated GPU?

The system is mainly for gaming. So i guess i should get a z series mobo. Could you recommend a cheap mini itx z series mobo? 

2 minutes ago, RedMatterCrafter said:

The system is mainly for gaming. So i guess i should get a z series mobo. Could you recommend a cheap mini itx z series mobo? 

I cannot recommend any personally as I do not have and XP with skylake and mITX yet. But there is a wonderful site called pcpartpicker that is fantastic for pricing out new builds. I'm hoping that the link I leave shows you all the mITX mobos, if not, you should be able to figure out how to sort it yourself: http://pcpartpicker.com/products/motherboard/#c=110&f=8&sort=a8&page=1

I cannot recommend any personally as I do not have and XP with skylake and mITX yet. But there is a wonderful site called pcpartpicker that is fantastic for pricing out new builds. I'm hoping that the link I leave shows you all the mITX mobos, if not, you should be able to figure out how to sort it yourself: http://pcpartpicker.com/products/motherboard/#c=110&f=8&sort=a8&page=1

Thx :)

Ok. I would like to knwo what youre thoughts are of my next pc. 

CPU: i5 6600K

GPU: GTX 1060 (from my old pc)

Mobo: AsRock Z170M-ITX/ac (cheapest with wifi)

Ram: 2x 8 GB GeIL DDR4-3000 (just 4€ more for DDR4-3000 than for DDR4-2133)

CPU-cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer 120 (cheapest 120 mm(limited by case) all-in-one water cooler)

PSU: some (forgot the name xD) 530 W (from old Pc (PSU is not old))

Case: Cougar QBX Mini-ITX case (to fit newer psu and gpu from old pc)

I am from germany so unfortunately no links. Sry

11 hours ago, pwn_intended said:

Ok. I would like to knwo what youre thoughts are of my next pc. 

CPU: i5 6600K

GPU: GTX 1060 (from my old pc)

Mobo: AsRock Z170M-ITX/ac (cheapest with wifi)

Ram: 2x 8 GB GeIL DDR4-3000 (just 4€ more for DDR4-3000 than for DDR4-2133)

CPU-cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer 120 (cheapest 120 mm(limited by case) all-in-one water cooler)

PSU: some (forgot the name xD) 530 W (from old Pc (PSU is not old))

Case: Cougar QBX Mini-ITX case (to fit newer psu and gpu from old pc)

6 hours ago, RedMatterCrafter said:

They have a german site as well: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/

Anyway, the build looks pretty good but I have a couple recommendations.

1. I wouldn't go for "the cheapest" AIO cooler. I would either spend a few bucks extra and get something considered very good, or go with a similarly priced air cooler. Reason: cheap AIO breaks you either have water everywhere, OR the pump broke and your CPU fried because you weren't monitoring your temps actively, whereas if a cheap air cooler breaks, you still have a big chink of Cu/Al on your cpu providing passive cooling. Also, overclocking your cpu wont be to necessary as it is paired quite nicely with the 1060 and shouldn't be a bottleneck source. If you update GPU down the road, overclocking your CPU may help.

2. Know your PSU. They can literally burn out every component in your PC if something messes up. I wont go into recommendations as there are tons of PSU recommendations threads on this forum alone. With that system, I would say get a minimum 400-450W psu, BUT make sure its one that's considered decent. The way I see this is you can spend $30 on a PSU, or you can spend $75 on a very good one. Reason: The extra ~$50 is just insurance so that you are less likely to take out the rest of the system you just spent lots of hard earned money on.

They have a german site as well: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/

Anyway, the build looks pretty good but I have a couple recommendations.

1. I wouldn't go for "the cheapest" AIO cooler. I would either spend a few bucks extra and get something considered very good, or go with a similarly priced air cooler. Reason: cheap AIO breaks you either have water everywhere, OR the pump broke and your CPU fried because you weren't monitoring your temps actively, whereas if a cheap air cooler breaks, you still have a big chink of Cu/Al on your cpu providing passive cooling. Also, overclocking your cpu wont be to necessary as it is paired quite nicely with the 1060 and shouldn't be a bottleneck source. If you update GPU down the road, overclocking your CPU may help.

2. Know your PSU. They can literally burn out every component in your PC if something messes up. I wont go into recommendations as there are tons of PSU recommendations threads on this forum alone. With that system, I would say get a minimum 400-450W psu, BUT make sure its one that's considered decent. The way I see this is you can spend $30 on a PSU, or you can spend $75 on a very good one. Reason: The extra ~$50 is just insurance so that you are less likely to take out the rest of the system you just spent lots of hard earned money on.

ok thanks :)