Sleeving SATA POWER cables

Christian

Hello fellow enthusiasts,

I am trying to find the best way to sleeve my SATA power cables. Not the SATA data, the SATA power. They are so difficult as there are connectors along the cable. Has anyone done these? I could just do short runs between each connector, but that would take AGES, and be quite expensive as it's 40 pieces of heatshrink for each cable. Also, cap that then goes over the connectors won't fit on if there is heatshrink underneath. I tried doing non heatshrink but because there is no pin to get some grip on, the paracord just slips off.

Has anyone done this successfully? If so, how??!!

I've sleeved my SATA power cables. You have do do each section separately. If you want to use less heatshrink I suppose you could do two cables per piece of sleeving but it night look a bit lopsided because there are 5 wires so you'd have a single wire by itself.

I've sleeved my SATA power cables. You have do do each section separately. If you want to use less heatshrink I suppose you could do two cables per piece of sleeving but it night look a bit lopsided because there are 5 wires so you'd have a single wire by itself.

How did you get the cap to fit back on?

Err, it just fit back on. I didn't sleeve the whole wire with one piece of sleeving, I did each section separately so that neither the sleeving or the heatshrink got in the way of the cap and the connection.

• 1 month later...

i've looked through all these and they seem pretty awesome if you have already looked at them sorry but its worth a look 

http://lutro0-customs.com/pages/sleeving-guides

he hasn't done sata power YET but he keeps saying he will be next if he hasn't i'm sure something he has already done might be of some help