Best TV for PS2/Genesis?

AllHokage

Hey everyone,

So I'm currently in the market for a small CRT what can display PS2/Sega Genesis games in the best possible way (they look like shit on my 4K TV).

I don't want something massive/bulky, so I'd rather keep it in the 20' range and as small as possible width wise.

I'm really confused on what type of CRT I should be getting, as I'll be using it for these 2 consoles and nothing else. 

Thanks everyonexD

Might add this later...

Anything from the Sony Trinitron/WEGA series made in the late 90's or early 00's.  Those are basically the best tube SDTVs you'll ever find.

Since these TVs offer component and s-video inputs, use those inputs over composite for best results.  While the Genesis doesn't do S-Video you can do a hardware mod to get S-Video out of it.

On 11/7/2016 at 2:24 AM, AshleyAshes said:

Anything from the Sony Trinitron/WEGA series made in the late 90's or early 00's.  Those are basically the best tube SDTVs you'll ever find.

Since these TVs offer component and s-video inputs, use those inputs over composite for best results.  While the Genesis doesn't do S-Video you can do a hardware mod to get S-Video out of it.

Funnily enough my area has throw out month and I was walking by today and found myself a Sony Trinitron 24' sitting on the curb.

I ended up skipping on the CRT idea after realizing how bulky they are and how it's not my type of thing. 

Did some further research and I'm thinking about getting a framemeister.

Might add this later...

1 hour ago, AllHokage said:

Funnily enough my area has throw out month and I was walking by today and found myself a Sony Trinitron 24' sitting on the curb.

I ended up skipping on the CRT idea after realizing how bulky they are and how it's not my type of thing. 

Did some further research and I'm thinking about getting a framemeister.

Weight would be the downside.  My 27" Sony Wega Trinitron was 99lbs.  My 65" Samsung 4K UHD TV I bought on Friday is 55lbs. :)