Best VPN service?

SeitzO

Hey guys!

I'm looking for a good vpn. preferably free but i know you get what you pay for.

any suggestions other than the obvious ones?

Thanks! 

TorGuard is fast and you get 50% off with promo code, so 1 month for $5, 3months for $10, 6 months for $15, 1 year for $30, or 2 years for $60, but that's if you get the 50% off, the speeds are almost identical to my nov-vpn speeds when I choose servers in states around me.  

Spoiler

[CPU] - Intel Core i5-4590  

[Motherboard] - MSI B85-G43 GAMING 

[RAM] - Kingston HyperX Beast (2x4GB) 1866Mhz... CPU only supports 1600Mhz

[SSD] - A-Data SP600 128GB SSD

[HDD]- 1Tb Seagate Barracuda

[GPU] - EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC

[Case] - Corsair SPEC-03 White 

[PSU] - Rosewill 450W 80+Bronze

Well I mean, Tor browser is 100% free and probably more safe then any VPN. Problem with it is the only thing protected is the info inside the browser. 

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

8 minutes ago, poker1059 said:

TorGuard is fast and you get 50% off with promo code, so 1 month for $5, 3months for $10, 6 months for $15, 1 year for $30, or 2 years for $60, but that's if you get the 50% off, the speeds are almost identical to my nov-vpn speeds when I choose servers in states around me.  

4 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

Well I mean, Tor browser is 100% free and probably more safe then any VPN. Problem with it is the only thing protected is the info inside the browser. 

Tor has been known to not be secure. Sure, it will hide your data, but it's not going to be that private.

12 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

ehm whut?

Tor isnt safe in any single way.

Private internet access is FANTASTIC.  I paid $40 for a year subscription a few months ago, and I've been using it nearly 24/7, it's fantastic and worth every penny.

It offers full encryption, port forwarding, DNS leak protection, IPv6 leak protection, and all kinds of other options.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

4 minutes ago, CaseyMazur said:

Tor has been known to not be secure. Sure, it will hide your data, but it's not going to be that private.

why'd you quote me

Spoiler

[CPU] - Intel Core i5-4590  

[Motherboard] - MSI B85-G43 GAMING 

[RAM] - Kingston HyperX Beast (2x4GB) 1866Mhz... CPU only supports 1600Mhz

[SSD] - A-Data SP600 128GB SSD

[HDD]- 1Tb Seagate Barracuda

[GPU] - EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC

[Case] - Corsair SPEC-03 White 

[PSU] - Rosewill 450W 80+Bronze

Well its realy simple 100% secure, private and safe on the internet is simply not possible.

Allthough decent VPN´s do offer a "reasonable"  good protection, they still cannot guarantee 100% safety.

Any VPN that claims not to store any logs on their users.

I could very well argue that those kind of statements are most likely BS.

Most VPN´s offer servers in multiple countries.

Those servers arent actualy owned by them, but those are mostly re-hired.

They can claim that they dont store any logs, but they dont know what the hired third party server somewhere in a data center in Honkong does.

Also next to that no matter if you use TOR or a VPN, the websites you visit do store user and system information anyways.

I'd suggest CyberGhost because how cheap it is on humblebundle right now. You get a year for 7.64 USD and you also get a year of lastpass and some other unknown programs.

https://www.humblebundle.com/lifehacker-software-bundle

CPU: I5-6600k | MOBO: MSI Z170-A XPOWER Gaming Titanium Edition | Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO |RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 2800 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition | Case: MasterCase Pro 5 | Storage: SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB, WD Blue 1 TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Display: Acer Predator XB271HU 1440p 144hz | Keyboard:Logitech G910 Orion Spark | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Headset: Logitech Artemis G933 | PcPP: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/sfgGjc

I've used 2 before.

VPN.ac and google's lantern.

Currently using lantern. 

Both of them are great!

One account for your mac, pc , android device. 

IOS device support coming "soon".

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

11 hours ago, poker1059 said:

why'd you quote me

Sorry, I didn't realize you weren't talking about Tor. Sorry 'bout that.

On 11/6/2016 at 4:15 AM, CaseyMazur said:

Tor is anonymising but it is not secure in any way. Let me put it simply:

Tor will (in theory, if not enough nodes are compromised) keep your identity secret, and by that I mean the destination (place you visit) will not know the source (your identity, by that I mean public IP or anything else that may identify you).

Tor however is just a means for one computer to talk to another anonymously, it doesn't actually have any part in encrypting your data.

So if you happen to visit a site with http for example, which would be non encrypted traffic, your data between the sites is readable at any point (including any passwords).

So it's the responsibility of the protocol (like http, ftp or anything else) to employ it's own encryption method.

VPNs are different because they create a tunnel between your PC and the VPN server that is also encrypted, meaning all traffic between you and the server is encrypted.

But once your traffic hits the server and leaves to go to the destination, it then is not in an encrypted tunnel and once again relies on a protocol using encryption.

Also I use PIA when needed.

Comb it with a brick

I have used pingbuster in the past. Not too shabby, have tried out TunnelBear and a handful of other free trials of vpns, but have not been happy with them. I can't say I have tried PureVPN, but Private Internet Access (PIA) has seriously been wonderful. It lowers my ping in some situations even!

• 8 months later...

I know this thread is quite old but searching of good VPN is still a problem of millions of netizens. There are tons of VPN services are available in the market you can't easily select any one of them. Before choosing VPN to keep these things in your mind that if they support p2p and probably if they keep logs or not. Please stay away from VPN that keep user's logs so for this here reason you can check out the list of best VPN services in 2017: https://goo.gl/KAuF1x

• 3 months later...

I have been using FastestVPN which is best vpn service provider among other providers their ultra-fast vpn servers good for streaming.