Zalman Z11 Plus modding Idea

Hey guys,

I have a Z11 plus and i have been using it for a while for air cooling, but recently i was thinking about doing a water cooling setup (almost ENTIRELY for the aesthetics and not for the temps). Anyway, the Z11 plus (being quite cheap) has no support for radiators, except for a 120 in the back but then again which ATX tower case doesn't? (yes there probably is one, but you get my point).

My plan would be to try and get a 360mm rad in the front of the case, involving removing all of the drive cages and the 5.25" bays, and also doing a new top panel for the case allowing for a 240mm rad to be mounted there, although ether the rad or the fans would have to be on the outside of the case.

I would also plan to put a large piece of smoked acrylic on the front of the case and have vent holes in the side because i think that would look pretty sweet. another thing that i have grown to slightly loath about this case is the 'aggresive' side panel bulges but i dont know what to do about these as the front panel is bulged out at the bottom to made the connection with the side panel (i hope that made sense  :P ). I may just end up reworking the entire front panel but i'd rater not.

Finally to show off all my hard work i was thinking of making a large window into the case.

Pics to give an idea of what im getting at

post-5196-0-09329000-1382639192_thumb.jp

post-5196-0-17742600-1382639206_thumb.jp

post-5196-0-72207100-1382639215_thumb.jp

post-5196-0-50603100-1382639222_thumb.jp

post-5196-0-32338000-1382639230_thumb.jp

It's not that easy to mod a case in that fashion.

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

Lol, your tubes look so professional.

AGREED.

Every 60 seconds in Africa...

A minute passes.

I tried my best ;)

It's not that easy to mod a case in that fashion.

yeah i guess but it is just an idea, I may not do all of the mods, and I wasn't gonna use this case next time i build a new rig so if i could use it i would save some money.

• 4 years later...

I have done this. It turned out very good, even very good for 2018 standard. RGB fans, rgb strips. Gpu + CPU custom waterloop. I love the case! I could post pictures if you want

On 10/10/2018 at 8:12 AM, Walden said:

I have done this. It turned out very good, even very good for 2018 standard. RGB fans, rgb strips. Gpu + CPU custom waterloop. I love the case! I could post pictures if you want

yes if you could i'll be very grateful, i'm thinking about making mod's to the case!

• 1 month later...
On 10/15/2018 at 3:21 AM, SrDreamcast said:

yes if you could i'll be very grateful, i'm thinking about making mod's to the case!

Hello, sorry for a very late response, I'll upload some pictures later today.