Samsung Fined $340,000

Torand

Samsung has been fined $340,000 dollars for fake HTC reviews.

source: http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/10/24/samsung-fined-340000-for-creating-false-reviews-against-htc-products/

$340,000 really isn't a lot for them to be fined, pocket change really. I think the publicity will be more damaging.

Personally I think this is just petty. I don't care who it is, it's falsifying the competition and consumer choice. Not cool. 

I think that's just a sad thing to do. Why are Samsung so desperate for sales....

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

I think that's just a sad thing to do. Why are Samsung so desperate for sales....

Cause the first phone to get in everyones mind is an iPhone and the second choice is Samsung. They attack HTC to give consumers a stronger choice to go with either Apple or Samsung. They'll research, fund Samsung more powerful, acquire phones. Its a sales tactic.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

that sucks

really bad tactics

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Cause the first phone to get in everyones mind is an iPhone and the second choice is Samsung. They attack HTC to give consumers a stronger choice to go with either Apple or Samsung. They'll research, fund Samsung more powerful, acquire phones. Its a sales tactic.

Yeah but it's such a dick move on their part. That's just stooping too low in my opinion.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

Yeah but it's such a dick move on their part. That's just stooping too low in my opinion.

I never said it was not a dick move. It is entirely but that's business for you.

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Why did they hire?^^

I've seen enough people, sadly also on this forum, who do exaggerated Samsung praising for free :P

THIS SIGNATURE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Only 340K? I think it was worth more for them doing this than this fine...

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

really Samsung, a fake review? I really dont see the point of them doing that because its not like they make a faulty product.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

fixed

I see what you did there....

I really don't think they care about 340,000.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

A lot of asian countries don't really believe in antitrust laws, they believe in making money any way possible.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

That sort of sucks but they would need to pay for the bad stuff that they did. This is probably not going to hurt them that much imo.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Samsung is a dirty player, i'm sticking to apple for my phone. seems like they have a clear direction 

I read it from Gizmodo and here's one of the comment from Hollow_Log:

"I don't believe it. Samsung would never do this. Samsung is a great company with superior products. HTC on the other hand....well.. they leave a lot to be desired. I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you don't know when I tell you the in HTC stands for Hitler's. That's right, Hitler's TechCompany. Sam was an angel. Sam has Sung from the highest and holiest of mountain tops.

That's just my honest, 100% genuine, non-paid opinion though. "

SOURCE: http://gizmodo.com/i-dont-believe-it-samsung-would-never-do-this-samsu-1451382009

That's sad, however that 350k is like a parking ticket to them lol

[Meanwhile at Blackberry] :P

I thought Apple did again sue Samsung for patent. Well sales are the most important and that is kind of war where "by all means" is a right set of words.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

this is just sad :/

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1