What do you guys use as "on the go" headphones.

Nup

On the go I usually use klipsch s4, but I also have a pair of 64 A12 that's rarely taken outside.

On 11/4/2016 at 0:25 PM, Nup said:

As the title suggests, what do all you LTT forumers use as headphones for when you're out and about. 

Still carry around bigger more "stationary" set, DTxxx or HD600 style?

More mainstream option?

At one point I was using my Tascam TH-300x, but then I accidentally broke a pair, and just went to crappy earbuds (Auvio Pearls, Apple Earpods, etc.)

average fl studio fan vs average cubase enjoyer

rubber dome apologist

if you are reading this you are contracted the gae

1 hour ago, LinusTech said:

IE80.

Was using my IE800s for a bit but nothing matches the comfort of the IE80s for me.

At home it's HD 600s that I got a good deal on 2nd hand. 

So you find the IE80 more comfortable than the Shure/Westone style of in ear? I find that very interesting. For the shape of my ears, the IE80 never gave me a good seal, so I ended up sending them back to amazon in favor of all of the many different IEMs I've owned since.

Any chance you guys could do a video on Custom IEMs? That would be extremely fun to watch! (I'd especially like to see some reactions from when the pink stuff goes in your ears, or the digital scanning that UE (a subsidiary of Logitech) uses.)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Yeah I've got some Shures but they just don't work as well for me.. I can sleep in my IE80s (and in fact I do almost every night).

As for custom IEMs, I've considered doing a video, but I just don't know how much appeal there would be for the general audience, so I've put it off since there's pretty much always something higher priority to do.

In my opinion, the Skullcandy Grind are the perfect on the go headphone because they're:

- cheap ($50 CAD or $40 USD). They have gone up in price lately. They used to be $25. At that price it was a steal!

- sound decent enough without abrasive treble. The sound won't impress anyone, but it's "acceptable" even by audio snob standards. There is very little to dislike. It's very warm with round, if slightly flabby bass. They sound best with most types of music you hear on the radio. Just don't use them for technical metal or fast punk music because they won't handle it. It's not like you can appreciate hi-fi sound in noisy environments anyway. Just get a good pair of full-size cans for "critical listening" at home. I recommend the Philips SHP 9500. 

- lightweight & super comfy. The pads feel like marshmallows, and the headband clamps your skull lightly. They're so easy to forget. 

- durable with replaceable cables & pads and a metal headband. You can toss them around in your book bag or sit on them without a worry. 

- have a built-in remote and mic. That's a really nice feature for the price. 

- have hundreds of unique designs and color schemes. They scream "fun". 

Other headphones won't be nearly as comfy unless you buy Bose or high-end SONYs, but the price hike is hard to justify when the Skullcandy Grind just sounds good enough'. 

https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-Headphones-RP-HTF600-S-Lightweight-Comfortable/dp/B004MMEI8W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478702117&sr=8-1&keywords=panasonic+rp-htf600

I bought a pair of these and they are actually pretty good. I was gonna say... review these while you're out and about and... maybe do a video on it? They're shockingly comfy and I can wear them for hours at a time, day after day, before my ears start getting a little sore. For $35 USD, you really can't get anything better. (MSRP is $60 and I'd pay that for these headphones. :3)

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RX 6700XT |   Twin 24" Pixio PX248 Prime 1080p 144Hz Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe (OS) | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #1 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #2 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo1TB Western Digital NVMe | 2TB Sabrent NVMe | Intel Wireless-AC 9260

29 minutes ago, Tcbp said:

I use an Ipod classic with either Ostry kc60a or Vmoda LP

I hate my LP's the ear cups are too small and theres some weird goo, it smells like oil lol

Sound quality is nice but I just can't use them anymore :( 

Beats by Dre - Solo 2 wireless

i know they are expensive but they look damn good and thiny on my head.

they sound good too. If you enjoy music with bass.

but sadly i cant wear them anymore cause of a different hairstyle i got. I am waiting for Apple airpods.

if they sound same as the wired ones then thsy will be awesome.

On 11/9/2016 at 10:15 AM, Aytex said:

I hate my LP's the ear cups are too small and theres some weird goo, it smells like oil lol

Sound quality is nice but I just can't use them anymore :( 

Have you tried using the XL pads? I found that they make wearing for longer periods more bearable. 

On 11/6/2016 at 11:48 AM, LinusTech said:

As for custom IEMs, I've considered doing a video, but I just don't know how much appeal there would be for the general audience, so I've put it off since there's pretty much always something higher priority to do.

UE CIEM, custom short cable (also have an extender for when need to go wired) connected to an AK xb10. bluetooth audio is very underrated 

DSC00033.JPG

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

On 11/6/2016 at 11:48 AM, LinusTech said:

Yeah I've got some Shures but they just don't work as well for me.. I can sleep in my IE80s (and in fact I do almost every night).

Also, Have you thought about reviewing the "spin fit" iem sleeves. They really improved the comfort of the se215's for me... made them almost as nice as my customs. 

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

I use Mee Sport M6 Sports when out n' about, at home i use a pair of modified Brainwavz HM5s w/ the Angled Pads.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM