LastPass is now free across all your devices

Article feom Engadget: https://www.engadget.com/2016/11/02/lastpass-is-now-free-across-all-your-devices/

Original Post from LastPass blog: https://blog.lastpass.com/2016/11/get-lastpass-everywhere-multi-device-access-is-now-free.html/

Password manager and two-factor authenticator app LastPass has always had a quirky pricing scheme. While it was free on mobile, syncing all your passwords and logins across devices -- one of the key features of a password manager -- required a subscription to use. Starting today, however, multiple-device access to LastPass is completely free.

Users who are already have a free LastPass account will now be able to sync between the browser extension and the mobile app. Meanwhile, those users who already pay for LastPass Premium will still have a few extra features like family sharing for up to five users, 1GB of encrypted file storage, YubiKey and other two-factor login integrations, desktop fingerprint identification and the ability to use LastPass for applications. In order to support the freemium model, the unpaid users will see ads showing up in LastPass, so a Premium subscription might be worth the $1 monthly fee just to get rid of the clutter.

Besides saving you the trouble of remembering all your logins and passwords, password managers are an increasingly necessary part of any sane person's setup now that there seems to be a major password breachnearly every week. Of course, even password managers are not impervious to hacks -- LastPass itself was breached last year, but the company has been smart about finding and addressing new security flaws before they cause a problem.

This makes me happy. Say what you want about handling your passwords to a third party but having something to take all the memorizing of 16 character alphanumeric password and conveniently fills it out in the form is a life saver. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

i've been using lastpass for the past year, and this is a welcome change. though it won't change my habits with the software 

Great Software, and it just works. 10/10-IGN

What if, your legs. Didn't Know. They were legs????

This is pretty cool, Dashlane should do  the  same honestly. Also crtl+shift+v will make your post not black :)

11 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

So now they get their money from. . . ? 

Ads

10 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

I don't know? Wall Street? Silicon Valley? ?

But can we just appreciate that multi-device syncing even on mobile is now free? Besides, if you want to support the developers, you can still pay for Premium with additional benefits.

IMG_4930.PNG

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Yep, I will stick to the way more secure KeyPass. I love it and will be using it till something tops it.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

1 hour ago, CarterTJames said:

Great Software, and it just works. 10/10-IGN

6/10* - IGN

while i support password managers completely, i never like the sync features. i would rather have a small portable airgapped system that can display the password for me to type over, extremely lightweight and build just for that purpose. with a backup function ofcourse and a master key that unlocks a standardized encryption like truecrypt. online password managers are a huge single point of failure, if they get hacked than thousands of users are completely fucked. an airgapped system with maybe micro SD card support would be better imo.

Well, that's good. Used it for one time, then decided to just remember stuff (though sometimes I need a reset heh) but may eventually give it a go again.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

On 3 noiembrie 2016 at 6:20 AM, huilun02 said:

By selling its users passwords to the NSA and CIA.

Thus those agencies don't have to trouble themselves with bypassing any protection. They can just login anytime they want in whatever account they want.

Yeah.. Idk how I feel about using it now that it's free.. Makes me wonder where they get revenue from. Perhaps selling user data?

Been using 1 password for ages.... 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

6 hours ago, Darth Revan said:

By selling its users passwords to the NSA and CIA.

Thus those agencies don't have to trouble themselves with bypassing any protection. They can just login anytime they want in whatever account they want.

Why? they already have access to them, getting our password is more work. They can just go up to google and ask or just monitor your computer. 

Magical Pineapples

I've never used a password manager . But anything I haven't used recently enough to memorize the password I usually just end up resetting it each time. Thinking I might try it.