Simultaneous multi-projection

Thony
Go to solution Solved by BrightCandle,

Its vapourware. The press hasn't said anything because there is nothing to report. Until a game integrates the technology we aren't going to see it used. As far as I know the Nvidia Fun house for VR uses it but its an Nvidia technology demo for Pascal and it doesn't show off the multimonitor capabilities just the VR side.

We haven't even got a UI for placing the monitors yet so its a way off. Honestly I don't think its going to take off until both companies support it and it gets added to DirectX.

Havent seen this from any youtube reviewers and its one of the best features of pascal. Whats going on , why radio silence ? 

Its been months since the official announcment....

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

4 minutes ago, Jonathan W said:

Wut?????

It's all about converting the pseudo-3D world of a game to the real-world 2D images on the screen. With a multimonitor setup, it's traditionally been an issue that all the monitors get the same perspective. Kind of using just one camera for several monitors. The problem is that since the monitors have different perspectives as you view them on your desk, the further away you go from the center, the more skewed the image gets. There should be multiple "cameras" too, one for each monitor, looking in the correct direction. Which is what simultaneous multi-projection is. Here's more. 

Its vapourware. The press hasn't said anything because there is nothing to report. Until a game integrates the technology we aren't going to see it used. As far as I know the Nvidia Fun house for VR uses it but its an Nvidia technology demo for Pascal and it doesn't show off the multimonitor capabilities just the VR side.

We haven't even got a UI for placing the monitors yet so its a way off. Honestly I don't think its going to take off until both companies support it and it gets added to DirectX.

2 hours ago, BrightCandle said:

Jesus christ I didnt know the technology needs to be implemented by devs, thought it would work on any gamr.... Well now I dont care at all :D .

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

There is a single game that supports it - iRacing got it about two months ago. It was one of 2 or 3 games that already implemented 3 view ports the hard way though. Now looks better and runs 20% faster with SMP. Configuration in game.

But yeah it's a giant sad disappointment, not a single word from NVIDIA since the presentation half a year ago where it was such a big talking point and evidently no efforts to push this into games.

(I think it's VR implementation is already heavily used as it's pretty much a no-brainer because of the massive performance increase.)