How to switch screens

derpylt

Hello, so I've bought a monitor and now I have two screens. I want to use one for gaming and other for spotify, browsing and what so ever. 
But my problem is that I can't move my mouse over to second screen without alt+tab which is pretty lame.
Does anyone know how to use both screens without tab'ing out of the first one? 

derpylt, 

what graphics card do you have and what operating system (windows version)

You can by setting you game up in windowed/borderless windowed mode. You can just get out of a game with full screen games because of the way Windows handles the GPU rendering.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

5 minutes ago, derpylt said:

Hello, so I've bought a monitor and now I have two screens. I want to use one for gaming and other for spotify, browsing and what so ever. 
But my problem is that I can't move my mouse over to second screen without alt+tab which is pretty lame.

derpylt, 

do you mean you have to alt-tab when playing a game? if yes, put your game in borderless windowed mode. 

4 minutes ago, EL D1ABLO said:

what graphics card do you have and what operating system (windows version)

I have gtx 960 and windows 10. 

3 minutes ago, MimigaKing said:

do you mean you have to alt-tab when playing a game? if yes, put your game in borderless windowed mode. 

So I need to put my game on windowed? I've noticed the quality and performance drops a little bit when I put it on windowed for some reason. 

oooh.. what resolution are you running each screen and what cables are u using to connect them

AMD/ATI HYRDAVISION is a program u can download for free that will let you do this

or you can do this straight in windows 7 & 10 and probably 8 in display options

11 minutes ago, derpylt said:

derpylt, 

You need to use windowed mode or borderless windowed mode. Some games and programs that also have an exclusivity features that prevents you from mousing out of the game accidentally when its in use. However when this is the case there is often a way of toggling it off or on.

4 minutes ago, derpylt said:

So I need to put my game on windowed? I've noticed the quality and performance drops a little bit when I put it on windowed for some reason. 

The quality and performance drops may be just because of the way Windows handles rendering of full screen vs. windowed videogames. With full screen Windows puts less effort in rendering the desktop and applications other than the game. When in (borderless) windowed it still renders the desktop and other applications are on a more even level of importance compared to the game.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

9 minutes ago, derpylt said:

You can use borderless which is loads better than running in windowed mode (avoid that all the time). But if you're running games in full screen mode you have to alt tab. It's just the way microsoft locks the focus to that specific window.