Nintendo President Tatsumi Kimishima hints at additional Switch accessories

goodtofufriday

Source: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-10-28/nintendo-s-big-switch-q-a-with-president-tatsumi-kimishima

Is the Switch part of a bigger hardware plan?

The part we've shown this time is just a conceptual image of how the Switch is different from the Wii U and previous systems. Going forward, of course, in terms of what kind of accessories will come out, we want to show this in January and later. By no means was that everything.

Will users be able to flexibly change its form?

We have shown you various scenarios. It will allow everyone to come together to play a game, or let you play by yourself at home. And depending on the software, it will also allow you to do things beyond that. 

There seem to be many possibilities for your hardware and software ecosystem. What do you think of hardware tie-ups with other companies?

If you asked me if it's possible, in terms of if we're getting ready, the best takeaway for now is that no, this is not happening at this moment. But in terms of the various ways you can play, you will have to see it together with the software and accessories that we'll have, which we will reveal in January. In terms of attachments to the core part that is the Switch, it may be appropriate to call them accessories. Or it might be better to call them add-on hardware. It’s probably more correct to call them accessories. You can assume that there will be a wider array.

All i can say is im really looking forward to what they can do. There seriously are a lot of possibilities if nintendo wants to explore them.

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

I hope they announce NES style switch controller.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Lol, they're gona milk the shit outta this with unnecessary accessories or addons

2 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Just waiting for an external dock Razer Core style.

hmm im scared, this sounds like those bootleg gaming consoles with all their add-ons. but nintendo probably do know what they are doing, im just scared its going to be too complex to function.

12 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

More interested in N64/Gamecube style button layouts. Those are harder to match up with regular controllers.

2 hours ago, hph6203 said:

More interested in N64/Gamecube style button layouts. Those are harder to match up with regular controllers.

Yeah, the lack of the analogue stick will make a bit hard for the NES.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I kind of expected a link to The Onion.

At this point the 3 constants in the universe are death, taxes and useless accessories for Nintendo consoles.