AOC AG271QG G-Sync QHD first impressions

WereCat

Hi, I just unpacked and connected this monitor to my PC so I barely spent any time with it but I already have my first impressions on it.

Main Specs:

IPS

QHD 2560x1440 27"

144Hz with up to 165Hz OC

G-Sync

There are currently 3 brands that I know about that sells monitors with these specs and those are Acer, ASUS and now AOC.

Before I purchased this monitor I have read about all of them and all of them seem to suffer from the same QC issues so I was really hesitant to order one. But in the end I decided to go and pickup this AOC one as it was cheapest from them all (€730).

So far I am really impressed and I probably got extremely lucky.

I cant see any IPS glow or any Backlight Bleed with my eyes, just on camera there is a bit of a white glow in the left and right bottom corner. That said it is not night yet so I may notice something then but so far I cant see anything like that.

This is also my first QHD panel and above 60Hz panel and my first experience with G-Sync.

I am really impressed with it. I played a bit of Rocket League and immediately noticed the difference in responsivenes and clarity.

Monitor overclocked to 165Hz right off the bat. The only "issue" which is really minor and I may resolve it in time is the calibration.

Now dont get me wrong. I though this was calibrated really well untill I put my EIZO Foris FS2333 right beside it. Then I immedieately noticed the color differences. It is not a huge issue but I have no tools to calibrate display properly so I may just play around and try to get it as close to my EIZO as possible.

The color preset was set to warm as default so setting it to normal improved colors a bit but the white is still more gray-red tinted.

Monitor looks really clean and not tacky like the ASUS or Acer. In fact it reminds me more most of the DELL monitors. Even the stand is excellent and I got really nice height adjustment, tilt and I pivot.

OSD navigation buttons are clicky and labeled however the OSD it self could be better but I dont really care about this much as thats not something I will play every day.

To be honest I really wanted to go for 4k because I though that QHD wont be really noticeable improvement over FHD but now I know how wrong I was. The difference is quite apparent.

Will update this maybe after a month to review if I wont be lazy.

Or I may just add other impressions if I find something new.

7VbKdOh.jpg

hFk0riG.jpg

EDIT:

Now when is dark I can see some bleed. It looks a lot worse on camera than it actualy is though. It doesent bother me at all and is not noticeable unless entire screen is black.

4Hzjp4x.jpg

My Display has zero Issues  as well. Have  Fun with it ?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

3 minutes ago, Praesi said:

My Display has zero Issues  as well. Have  Fun with it ?

Yay... Im so happy :D 

I previously had ordered Acer Predator XB271HU but they were out of stock everywhere.

16 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Yay... Im so happy :D 

I previously had ordered Acer Predator XB271HU but they were out of stock everywhere.

Yap. More and more People want that awesome Combo. Go play BF1 ?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to bother you, but how good/bad the games look without antialiasing? I have 27" 1080p monitor and I'm planning to upgrade but not decided yet.

On 21. 11. 2016 at 3:27 PM, GooDBoY920 said:

Sorry to bother you, but how good/bad the games look without antialiasing? I have 27" 1080p monitor and I'm planning to upgrade but not decided yet.

A bit better than on 23" 1080p. A lot better than on 27" 1080p.

Games look definitely good enough without AA on this resolution and size but enabling AA will still help.