The sexiest case yet? Raijintek Asterion

Prysin
On 10/28/2016 at 2:14 AM, Morgan MLGman said:

Ummm... Sexiest? Have you seen the very recently refreshed Phanteks Eclipse P400S?

23_phanteks_eclipse_p400_i_eclipse_p400s

23_phanteks_eclipse_p400_i_eclipse_p400s

That is sexy

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

• 1 month later...

For anybody wondering, the Raijintek Asterion Classic and Plus models will be available in the upcoming weeks via Newegg.

In response to an inquiry about US availability of the two Asterion cases:

Tony_sahin(Antony Sahin) <Tony_sahin@raijintek.com>

10:59 AM (12 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Hello TidaLWaveZ,

The product should be landing in the USA in the next 4 weeks from now on… It will be availabe through Newegg….

Your message:

ID    207

Message Category    Product

Hello, I'm really interested in the Asterion PC cases. I have been checking for distributors in the United States on a daily basis and can't find any. I was wondering if the product was slated for future release in the US or if I would have to import. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Why did this thread turn into "let me show you what I think is the best looking case"?

4 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

Why did this thread turn into "let me show you what I think is the best looking case"?

because people "need" to do such things

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Sexiest case ever? no.

That would be reserved for the NZXT Manta, in ATX or mATX format

IF IT FUCKING EXISTED

(why do you ignore my pain NZXT?)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

4 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Sexiest case ever? no.

That would be reserved for the NZXT Manta, in ATX or mATX format

IF IT FUCKING EXISTED

(why do you ignore my pain NZXT?)

The manta is so gigantic you could mod an E-ATX mobo in there if you moved the PSU. ITX my ass.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

But, its not a small form factor :(. I mean, mid towers and full towers are great and theyr the best what they do, cable management, liquid cooling and multi-component fixation, but when are manufacturers gonna make real tiny, yet absolutely killer, small tower cases, uh!? Im not talking about Intel NUC's tough xD.

Yeah NCASE M1 is certainly the only option out there now, but i suppose everyone would want a computer that fits into our bedside tables more oftenly, no :D?

Btw, anyone else thinks one or two years from now that could change? Id love to get a silent and small form factor case so hard :/, without losing on quality outside and on the inside, while being able to hold an ATX motherboard (no need for E-ATX xD).

Groomlake Authority

4 minutes ago, Notional said:

The manta is so gigantic you could mod an E-ATX mobo in there if you moved the PSU. ITX my ass.

I've seen mods where people put mATX boards in there.

I'd still prefer to not have to mod it, since I'm inexperienced with modding a case, and it would end up hideous.

Is the Manta mostly plastic? Or is it actually metal? I can work with metal. Plastic is just a pain in the ass, even if you own a plastic welder (which, I do, and yes that is a thing, a very shitty thing that doesn't work because plastic is a bitch of a material that HATES being melted multiple times)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

4 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

I've seen mods where people put mATX boards in there.

I'd still prefer to not have to mod it, since I'm inexperienced with modding a case, and it would end up hideous.

Is the Manta mostly plastic? Or is it actually metal? I can work with metal. Plastic is just a pain in the ass, even if you own a plastic welder (which, I do, and yes that is a thing, a very shitty thing that doesn't work because plastic is a bitch of a material that HATES being melted multiple times)

nzxt uses metal chassis with plasti front, and mostly metal sides

It has 8 slots though. <3

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

• 3 weeks later...
On 28.10.2016 at 9:09 PM, Prysin said:

Given the amount of Glass InWin uses, one could argue ALL "temp glass" cases looks like InWin.

Bear in mind, i love the looks of InWin cases, not the functionality.

If the InWin 909 wasnt such a pile of shit, i would totally buy it

Wait, what exactly makes 909 such a pile of shit? All the reviews I have read about it have been almost completely positive. Haven't read any build logs using that case though so is there some huge flaws in it? The biggest flaw I can see is the fact that it only has true air intake/output at bottom and rear so it limits the size of rads you can put in but then again 360 and 280 should be enough even for a big loop with cpu and gpu(s) as long as you don't use crap rads and fans.

I have been thinking about getting the 909 in silver. I don't currently need that big of a case but I will build a custom hardtube loop with cpu and gpu in it sometime in the future and 909 would be great with that in mind. It's certainly a case you'll use a long time instead of throwing it out after few years. However I'll be upgrading my motherboard/ram/cpu soon and would like a new case for it. I'll most likely go with Kraken X62 or something until I can put in 500e+ to custom loop. For that Kraken Rajintek Asterion Classic would do well enough and be much, much more cheaper than 909. I'm just afraid it wouldn't be big enough for the custom loop in the future. Then again it's so much cheaper that I could just sell it and then buy whatever is coolest when the time comes to make the custom loop.