Loud fans, please help

Hi guys, I am thinking of buying a case fan and a cpu fan for my old i7-2600. I decided to do that because my current case fan (zalman) and cpu fan (stock intel fan) became very loud. Maybe you can suggest what kind of fans I should get that wouldn't cost me a fortune and be as quiet as possible?

Thank you in advance :)

Bequite or Noctua

Stay away from NZXT fans they are loud af

=======================Current Build=======================

Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.5Ghz Overclocked

GPU: Gigabyte GTX980 @ 1200 Mhz Oveclocked GPU boost 1400Mhz

Memory: Corsair Dominator 16Gb @ 3200 Mhz

Cooler: NZXT Kraken x61

Storage: Corsair Force GS 128Gb + WD2TB + Seagate 1TB

PSU: Corsair HX650

Lighting: NZXT HUE+ with extension

Display: LG 34' Ultrawide 3440x1440

Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow x Chroma + Razer Firefly + Razer Mamba Chroma

Headphones: Astro A40 + Miniamp

You can also try to add some lubricant to your existing fans behind the stickers.

or maybe you just need to clean them if they are extra dusty

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

Adding oil can be difficuly, and behind the top sticker, there is no place to add oil. Behind the bottom sticker, there is some kind of PCB. I could take a few pictures, but adding oil to the right spot would need a different way to apply.

They are not extra dusty, I regularly clean them but since the system is almost 5 years old I think the fans just wore off.

Top end is pure plastic, don't add oil here.

DSCN8742.JPG

Behind the sticker, is some kind of PCB. Don't add oil to that.

See the 2 red lines I added? There is a small space, and under that, are some coils and the axle of the fan. Try to get oil near the axle somehow, if you want to keep using your fans.

DSCN8741.JPG

i recommend the Noctua redux series. cheaper than the beige noctuas but still have the six year warranty. nothing worse than buying silent fans and having them go noisy after 12 months. i don't know if any other company provides a six year warranty but thats how i would base my purchase decision. in NZD$33 for a 140mm means $5.5 per year over its six year lifespan. I don't know what they are in your currency.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Whats your budget with cooler? Pure Rock would be best low budget. Or bit more and U12S.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I wouldn't want to spend more than 80euros for both fans. In US that would be approx. 54$

11 hours ago, sniip said:

I wouldn't want to spend more than 80euros for both fans. In US that would be approx. 54$

Can you link us to where you're shopping?

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

14 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Can you link us to where you're shopping?

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

I manly buy from this site because it has practically everything everything http://www.skytech.lt/

1 hour ago, sniip said:

I manly buy from this site because it has practically everything everything http://www.skytech.lt/

What case are you using and where is the case fan that you want to replace located??

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

14 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What case are you using and where is the case fan that you want to replace located??

Since it wasn't me who build this PC I don't particulary now what kind of case it is, all I know it can have 1 back Fan 140mm and 2 side 120mm fans. I also think it's a Zalman case

9 hours ago, sniip said:

Since it wasn't me who build this PC I don't particulary now what kind of case it is, all I know it can have 1 back Fan 140mm and 2 side 120mm fans. I also think it's a Zalman case

Which case fans are too loud? Have you tried lowering fan speeds?

B

On 10/25/2016 at 8:14 PM, WoodenMarker said:

Which case fans are too loud? Have you tried lowering fan speeds?

Back fan. It's not that it's too loud, it more sounds like something is scratching or mumbling inside with changing tone.

50 minutes ago, sniip said:

B

Back fan. It's not that it's too loud, it more sounds like something is scratching or mumbling inside with changing tone.

What speed are you running it at? 

I like the newest corsair fans, they have air flow as well as static pressure fans. They come in both high performance, and quiet editions.

2 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What speed are you running it at? 

about 900RPM

Just now, sniip said:

about 900RPM

Can you lower the rpm? Does lowering the fan speed get rid of the grinding?

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

Can you lower the rpm? Does lowering the fan speed get rid of the grinding?

When I lower it to 500 it does reduce it, but then the system becomes negative pressured

3 minutes ago, sniip said:

When I lower it to 500 it does reduce it, but then the system becomes negative pressured

How are you determining that you are getting negative airflow and why is that an issue? 

Are all your intakes filtered?

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

How are you determining that you are getting negative airflow and why is that an issue? 

Are all your intakes filtered?

I figure it with a mach stick. If it blows the smoke it's negative if it sucks it's positive. None of that fans are filtered tho. And I don't think thats a bit deal having a negative presure, but I think since I still have this old 560gtx It will need more air since it heats up insides very quickly.

24 minutes ago, sniip said:

I figure it with a mach stick. If it blows the smoke it's negative if it sucks it's positive. None of that fans are filtered tho. And I don't think thats a bit deal having a negative presure, but I think since I still have this old 560gtx It will need more air since it heats up insides very quickly.

The only point of maintaining positive airflow is to minimize dust but it won't matter if your intakes aren't filtered. 

3 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

The only point of maintaining positive airflow is to minimize dust but it won't matter if your intakes aren't filtered. 

For now i'll keep it as is. I ordered a CPU cooler (be Quiet! Pure rock), should get it tomorrow. After I install it i'll see if any sound will change.