If you could change anything in BF1, what would you change?

asim1999

Personally, i would change 3 things:

1) De-nerf the tanks

2) Change the Runner campaign from this random aussie dude to Adolf Hitler and his message running during the war and his encounter with Henry Tandy. Would make for a much more powerful and historically accurate campaign 

3) add a test range 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Change conquest back to the way it was in BF4. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

Sniper limit. I hate those fucking cowards.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

no mods, day 1 season pass, regen health, bugs. Just like every battlefield since 3.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

A campaign that is longer than 4 hours.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

someone explain how this is BF1 but the last was BF4?

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

I wish they'd stop pushing 'diversity' and making it seem like half of the soldiers in WW1 were from minority groups. It seems so forced. I'd much prefer having most or all soldiers be white and preserve some sense of 'authenticity' in the process.

My second complaint to redo voices for the Austro-Hungarian army (from what I understand, they're using the exact same voices that the German army has).

The third (and arguably most annoying part) is that they should have implemented the French and Russian armies in the base game. Not as DLC. But hey, that's just EA.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

9 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

There wasnt BF 1 before and since its step back in time they called it BF 1 (World War 1).

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

40 minutes ago, asim1999 said:

1) De-nerf the tanks

U mean buff the tanks ? Hell no ! Fuck tanks, the most annoying thing in all Battlefields. I like to snipe so I would say: remove all vehicles !

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

28 minutes ago, Thony said:

There wasnt BF 1 before and since its step back in time they called it BF 1 (World War 1).

so they made BF,2,3,4 then one?

5 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

so they made BF,2,3,4 then one?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefield_(series)

Just now, Thony said:

then I would change there naming system :P

2 hours ago, vorticalbox said:

The game is set before the first game in the series which was 1942 so the Second World War. From a historical standpoint this is the first game 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

1 hour ago, Thony said:

U mean buff the tanks ? Hell no ! Fuck tanks, the most annoying thing in all Battlefields. I like to snipe so I would say: remove all vehicles !

I mean remove the rotation limit on the howitzer tanks that's all that needs to change. I thought tanks were pretty good in the beta. Got a 13 killstreak on a 16 player server 

2 hours ago, rn8686 said:

Change conquest back to the way it was in BF4. 

True, some people like me like 2 hour meat grinder matches 

2 hours ago, HKZeroFive said:

I wish they'd stop pushing 'diversity' and making it seem like half of the soldiers in WW1 were from minority groups. It seems so forced. I'd much prefer having most or all soldiers be white and preserve some sense of 'authenticity' in the process.

My second complaint to redo voices for the Austro-Hungarian army (from what I understand, they're using the exact same voices that the German army has).

The third (and arguably most annoying part) is that they should have implemented the French and Russian armies in the base game. Not as DLC. But hey, that's just EA.

They are owned by ea so yeah. They should do what titanfall is doing with free dlc. 

Call it battlefield 5.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

8 hours ago, asim1999 said:

1) De-nerf the tanks

2) Change the Runner campaign from this random aussie dude to Adolf Hitler and his message running during the war and his encounter with Henry Tandy. Would make for a much more powerful and historically accurate campaign 

3) add a test range 

1) tanks still seem pretty tough. But I don't think they should make them any weaker.

2) Ummm... this is World War I. Not World War II.. this wouldn't work unless you want to change the time period.

3) I agree with the Test range. I would like something of a tutorial of all the different guns and gadgets which could be incorporated with a test range.

My Gaming Rig (Build November 2014):

CPU: i7-4790K | CPU Cooler: H110 | Motherboard: MSI Z97s SLI Plus | RAM: Vengeance DDR3 1886 MHz 2 x 4GB |
GPU: GTX 970 G1 Gaming | SSD: 2 x 840 EVO 250GB and 2 x 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | PSU: HX750 | Case: Fractal Design XL R2 |

8 hours ago, HKZeroFive said:

Almost all powers in World War 1 were colonial empires, and soldiers were drafted from the colonies a lot, so having a large amount of minorities is actually fairly accurate.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

On 22/10/2016 at 9:27 PM, xboxonthego3 said:

1) tanks still seem pretty tough. But I don't think they should make them any weaker.

2) Ummm... this is World War I. Not World War II.. this wouldn't work unless you want to change the time period.

3) I agree with the Test range. I would like something of a tutorial of all the different guns and gadgets which could be incorporated with a test range.

Well Hitler was a runner in ww1 and won an iron cross for it. Would make for a great campaign 

11 hours ago, asim1999 said:

Well Hitler was a runner in ww1 and won an iron cross for it. Would make for a great campaign 

Have a feeling not a lot of people would be rooting for him to live... maybe even trying to kill him on purpose. But each to their own. More stories added would always be welcome.

My Gaming Rig (Build November 2014):

CPU: i7-4790K | CPU Cooler: H110 | Motherboard: MSI Z97s SLI Plus | RAM: Vengeance DDR3 1886 MHz 2 x 4GB |
GPU: GTX 970 G1 Gaming | SSD: 2 x 840 EVO 250GB and 2 x 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | PSU: HX750 | Case: Fractal Design XL R2 |

Hmmmm. My biggest change would be to add a proper ww1 mode with most players having bolt action rifles. Maybe a couple of light machine guns in the mix. Oh, and no xray vision or icons above the head.

Also, cap max damage on body to 90. That would end sniper spam. My favourite weapon is the smle III (bloody gorgeous) and I feel dirty using it. Having great fun playing as support though. 

Redo air combat. In many ways. For one, bombers are too hard to take down. They can outfight fighters. Also, more complex flight dynamics would be good. I cannot immerse myself in the air.

Make crew inside tanks vulnerable to AP shots but reduce anti tank capabilities all around. Bit tricky but I would defiantly go this way. Not that I find current tanks OP. Its just a different balance. What I would like to see is crew being vulnerable to gas attacks and smk bullets. As they were IRL.

Oh, and removing the xray vision. I don't use it and nobody should.

Main rig: Shockwave - MSI Z170 Gaming 7 MOBO, i7-6700k, 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz RAM, KFA2 GTX 980ti HOF, Corsair RM1000 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, WD 7200RPM 3TB, Corsair Air 540 White, ASUS P278Q 1440p 144Hz display.

Laptop: Lenovo Y510p, i7-4700HQ, 12 GB (8+4) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GT755 2GB SLI graphis card, 1366x768 display.

Make it so anyone who picks a sniper class is automatically banned with no refund.