Hyper 212 evo doesn't fit on my board

GeorgeKellow

My friend has a MSI A88X mobo (Don't know the exact model) but he has a 860k (FM2+) The hyper 212 evo x bracket doesn't fit on it what so ever. we have been trying but nothing works. Any help would be nice. We have tried both of the mounting screws and we would have to bend the x bracket so hard down to get it even close to being on

ANY HELP

1 minute ago, Katsunaka said:

Are you using the actual AMD support bracket? It comes with 2, one for intel 1 for AMD.

If it only has 1 bracket, then contact Cooler Master support and they should send out the correct one for free.

http://www.cmstore-usa.com/hyper-212-plus-evo-accessories-kit/

Yeah it only came with one! its the one pictured in your link. I thought it was a universal bracket 

The 212 Evo only comes with 1 bracket, you have to remove the one that came with the motherboard and install the 212 Evo in "reverse".

You should check the manual;

http://www.coolermaster.com/xresserver01-DLFILE-P1302180416de94-F1308260079605e.html

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Make sure that the bracket that goes on the back of the motherboard is the one that came with the cooler. Also, make sure that the x-bracket is in the right form. Push the two parts of the bracket closer or further away to the point where it would fit. You should review the instructions and make sure you are following the right instructions

A true case of "Read the ... freaking... manual"

Also, make sure the Hyper 212 supports your socket type...

32 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

Make sure that the bracket that goes on the back of the motherboard is the one that came with the cooler. Also, make sure that the x-bracket is in the right form. Push the two parts of the bracket closer or further away to the point where it would fit. You should review the instructions and make sure you are following the right instructions

The height of the cooler and the chip together is massive, the bracket will not go on 

2 minutes ago, GeorgeKellow said:

The height of the cooler and the chip together is massive, the bracket will not go on 

picture?

7 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

picture?

Cant upload pictures on my phone (Data plan doesn't allow it) Imagine the cooler on top of the cpu with the x bracket on top of the cooler. I have to pyhiscally bend the x bracket to get anywhere close to the standoffs 

1 hour ago, GeorgeKellow said:

Cant upload pictures on my phone (Data plan doesn't allow it) Imagine the cooler on top of the cpu with the x bracket on top of the cooler. I have to pyhiscally bend the x bracket to get anywhere close to the standoffs 

wifi?

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

2 hours ago, GeorgeKellow said:

Make sure that the pin at the center of the x bracket is in the hole at the bottom of the heatsink. Once that is done, screw in one of the screws and then proceed to do the opposite corner. 

ebe383d5_SAM_7121.jpeg

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.