CPU using more voltage then I have set in bios

Go to solution Solved by done12many2,
2 minutes ago, Windows 10 said:

i5 6600k

4.2 Ghz  I have set it to 1.22V but it is taking more like 1.28 according to this application, I don't know if it is the applications problem or if it is really using 1.28V Can someone tell me another application to moniter how much voltage CPU is using

What you are looking at is VID, which not the same as VCore.  VID is what your chip is requesting for voltage and VCore is what is being delivered.  Two completely different things.

Use something like AIDA64 or HWMonitor to monitor what's actually being delivered to your chip.

i5 6600k

4.2 Ghz  I have set it to 1.22V but it is taking more like 1.28 according to this application, I don't know if it is the applications problem or if it is really using 1.28V Can someone tell me another application to moniter how much voltage CPU is using

voltage real.PNG

2 minutes ago, Windows 10 said:

i5 6600k

What you are looking at is VID, which not the same as VCore.  VID is what your chip is requesting for voltage and VCore is what is being delivered.  Two completely different things.

Use something like AIDA64 or HWMonitor to monitor what's actually being delivered to your chip.

7 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Thanks