XL2730Z Free sync - Do really need 144hz?

Guys, I currently have a Dell u2715h and im getting annoyed by the tearing even with vsync on. Im thinking on buying a used BenQ XL2730Z for $470 ($600 for Bnew) in my country.

Im not an FPS gamer, the only FPS i played are Fallout4 and Doom(both so awesome!), Im more of an RPG gamer and not really into Racing games. This deal is pretty much the best that I can get and I dont really wanna go back to 24inch monitors. I know for certain that the future is gsync and one way or another nvidia will get to there to. 

My 1st option is to get the BenQ XL2730z (144hz 1ms freesync 1440p) $470

2nd option is to get AOC 27 inch G2778VQ LED 75hz freesync 1080p $300

I can buy both but do you think I can get away with 75hz (is 75hz good enough with the games i play)? 

I only have 10hrs to finalize the deal so I need your help! Thanks for your input!! xD:D:P

well the 470$ also have higher resolution but what country you live in? Also I own an Acer XF 240H 1080p 144Hz freesinc 24" monitor wich costs around 280$ and is great

Philippines. I think theres a work around to get back 1440p on the 75hz monitor. I forgot that amd feature

wait... you wrote that the 75hz one was 1080p but you want 1440p? in anyways 75Hz is already a higher refresh rate than normal(60Hz) so for rpgs It's just fine

Yeah you can actually get a higher reso by using DSR for nvidia (in desktop and games). I dont remember the name for AMD. I can go for 4k with my Dell monitor

Edited

Well 1440p is great, even if it's not now then in the future. Because do you ahve the GPU power to run 1440p high refresh rates currently?

Anyway higher resolution is for me always a win, but I don't know from both how good their screen quality is. And quality goes over resolution for me.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

yeah I know but it won't be the same quality at all on you're desktop it even looks kinda not clear(overscaliing). second question is hardware more expensive in philipines?

@GonioI read a lot of reviews and I think the xl2730z is the best freesync monitor atm here in the philippines. 

@FoxxyTheOnlyOne I think it would be just fine in desktop cause Im good with me dell on 4k. And yeah some are very expensive and some are cheap depending on item to item basis. Most famous branded stuff comes from China, so some gpus, pc coolers and etc are cheap here. However monitors are really expensive here for some reason

Ok ignore everything we talked about and let me wright a book...an actual help.

1440p is a higher, more demanding, better looking resolution that is more expensive.

1080p is the standard and so is cheaper (you can get them used in very good conditions for 20$) and still looks good

freesinc is a v-sinc integrated to your screen but without inpput lag (it's a small processor)

and finally refresh rates 60Hz(the standard) and 144Hz(motion is smooth as hell) but note that some people can feel sick with 144Hz (you still can disable it no worrys)

For better understanding let me give you an exemple:- I play FPS a lot and want responsiveness-> I aim first at the refresh rate then I look at the other features

-I want beauty and smooth graphism-> I aim first at the resolution then I look at the other features

And for RPGs... you don't need none of that cuz let's agree... they don't look espacially good,they don't need, DAT SPEED or anything like that because there here for gameplay so If I were you I would get something That I actually need so in this case the 75Hz 1080p Freesinc one is just fine (btw as I told you The Acer XF240H is 144Hz, 1080p, as Freesinc, aaaannnnnd is only max 280$ (cuz I live somewhere the taxes are kinda high and bought it NEW for 265$ so you could get it kinda very cheap used... if you find one used)

I hope I helped you find your display rpg master ;)

PS: when I say taxes are high where i live: my monitor(XF240H) cost RAW 210$ and I payed 55$ of taxes so 265$