Why nothing in star wars will happen in this timeline

♠FlamieMeister♠

Now I've been hearing a lot around tech areas about people saying that things in star was will happen, but not star trek. My number 1 forum to rant on this is LTT. So yeah, get ready for me to debunk this.

1. Unrealistic 

Star wars is unrealistic. You can't create light sabers, the "lasers" are going wayyyyy tooo slow to be real, and the space ships would be crippled as soon as they jumped to "hyperspace"

2. No scientific backing

There's no support for anything in the star wars universe for things such as hyperdrive. Anything major in star wars is not scientifically backed. 

3. It isn't meant to be created

It was made for entertainment.

Star trek is currently what our path is. We have scientists successfully designing warp ships, we have tricorder in development, and phasers are getting close to being finished. Hell, scientists figured out how to turn energy into matter without any going to waste.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Mf3Zcc My build

R.I.P Donny- Got banned. We will always remember your spamming of "Cancerbooks"

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

2 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

And pointy-eared men with weird hand salutes are? Oh shit, the Nazis

Don't shit on Star Wars, plenty of it has valid scientific backing that they just didn't have time to explain in the canon.

Show me that backing

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

Uh.... okay?

But why did you write this? Was someone else on the forum talking about this?

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

1 minute ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Uh.... okay?

But why did you write this? Was someone else on the forum talking about this?

No, I just wanted to debunk this on a forum with people who can process thus information

1 minute ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

No, I just wanted to debunk this on a forum with people who can process thus information

okay ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

SMH if it is made for entertainment, then why do you feel the need to debunk it?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

SMH if it is made for entertainment, then why do you feel the need to debunk it?

1st paragraph. 

1. Unrealistic 

Star wars is unrealistic. You can't create light sabers, the "lasers" are going wayyyyy tooo slow to be real, and the space ships would be crippled as soon as they jumped to "hyperspace"

First off, light sabers would not be considered Lazers but actual Photon light Sticks, which if you consider the fact that it contains an energy field around it to contain the photons, would work on the same concept of converting energy into mass and accoding to you this is already being done so... this would also be possible.

and hyperspace? why would a ship be crippled? where is your scientific backing to show this?

2. No scientific backing

There's no support for anything in the star wars universe for things such as hyperdrive. Anything major in star wars is not scientifically backed. 

LightSabers? http://www.space.com/31361-building-a-real-lightsaber.html

Hyperspace? http://www.hawking.org.uk/space-and-time-warps.html

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

27 minutes ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

Now I've been hearing a lot around tech areas about people saying that things in star was will happen, but not star trek. My number 1 forum to rant on this is LTT. So yeah, get ready for me to debunk this.

1. Unrealistic 

2. No scientific backing

Star trek is currently what our path is. We have scientists successfully designing warp ships, we have tricorder in development, and phasers are getting close to being finished. Hell, scientists figured out how to turn energy into matter without any going to waste.

Hate to break it to you but most of the stuff in both universes isn't happening. There are theories about something that in some way resembles Warp, but these theories tend to crash on existing physical laws. Likewise technologies such as phasers aren't practical either or most other things.  

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

This is all based on our current understanding of the world. Don't get me wrong, it's a completely valid argument, but at the same time, that doesn't make it impossible. I mean, there was a time where evolution had no scientific backing, and it was common knowledge that the world was built in 6 days. 

The last point irks me though... It isn't meant to be made, it's for entertainment? Sure, it's for entertainment... But that didn't stop the submarine being built, it didn't stop the helicopter being built, it didn't stop nuclear power, ect... All inspired by Sci-Fi made for entertainment... Plenty of inventions have come from the world of things that weren't meant to be made...

-moved to off-topic-

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

51 minutes ago, TheMcSame said:

The last point irks me though... It isn't meant to be made, it's for entertainment? Sure, it's for entertainment... But that didn't stop the submarine being built, it didn't stop the helicopter being built, it didn't stop nuclear power, ect... All inspired by Sci-Fi made for entertainment... Plenty of inventions have come from the world of things that weren't meant to be made...

Neither of the things you listed were based off of science fiction. The first recorded submarine or submersible comes from ancient Rome and the more modern rendition with in situ reporting comes from the 17th century England with drawings dating back to the 16th century. Nuclear reactors come from physics. Actually, the first concept comes from ancient phoenecia where a philosopher said (paraphrasing) that if you split the atom the amount of energy released would level an entire city or something of the sort.

The first helicopter or rather, vertical flight machine was a chinese toy from around 400 BC followed by the drawing from Leonardo Vinci and the first operational vertical flying machine was developed in Russia in the 18th century. It wasn't meant to carry humans and was spring operated but there you go.

Sorry for the post but it "irks" me when the work of countless scientists and engineers is beliteled and someone claims science fiction though of any human developmeny first. Sure they have a job of spreading the message around but they get their inspiration from real life. Be it reading Russian textbooks on vertical flight or obscure references on the Greek's usage of submersible ships. The point is, they get their material from somewhere. 

Even star wars can be said to be using ideas from science like hyperspace jumps being travel through paths that light does not use or lightsabers being an evolution of plasma technology already existent in plasma cutters and things like that. They need inspiration from somewhere no?

Main rig: Shockwave - MSI Z170 Gaming 7 MOBO, i7-6700k, 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz RAM, KFA2 GTX 980ti HOF, Corsair RM1000 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, WD 7200RPM 3TB, Corsair Air 540 White, ASUS P278Q 1440p 144Hz display.

Laptop: Lenovo Y510p, i7-4700HQ, 12 GB (8+4) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GT755 2GB SLI graphis card, 1366x768 display.

Star Wars is a drama/fantasy set in a science fiction universe where the technology plays very little role in story telling.

Star Trek is a episodic drama in a science fiction universe where the technology is an integral part of telling a story of where we(as a species) might be in the future.  It was always intended to be as grounded in reality as the story telling process allowed.  Certainly a fair amount of fantasy in Star Trek, no question there.

Between the two universes, Star Trek offers us a vision to build towards.  Star Wars offers only a great story.  Later Star Treks, especially DS9 were much further away from having a vision of our future and became more about story telling.

You are aware that Star Wars claims to take place in the PAST and not the FUTURE right? How is this even a discussion?

-KuJoe

1 minute ago, KuJoe said:

You are aware that Star Wars claims to take place in the PAST and not the FUTURE right? How is this even a discussion?

yes but that galaxy was way more advanced than this one, so we can conclude that we would reach that point too at some point. so yeah

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

6 minutes ago, EvilLemur said:

yes but that galaxy was way more advanced than this one, so we can conclude that we would reach that point too at some point. so yeah

I can't wait to meet the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in real life since we're suspending disbelief.

-KuJoe

Who even said Star Wars was realistic and who watches it for that??? 

Confused 

1 hour ago, KuJoe said:

I can't wait to meet the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in real life since we're suspending disbelief.

not saying its based on real life events... but if we were to live in that universe, then eventually we would become that. besides TMNT is not based in the star wars universe so... yeah... not gonna call you stupid but... close would be idiot. ( Monty Python Universe )

1) Define timeline

2) You say get ready for me to debunk this, and your arguments are: it's unrealistic and no science backing. That's not how debunking works. What you need is proof, or more in depth reasoning at least. 

Also debunking would mean that you are exposing or showing something is not true (a claim), yet you say no one made anything like that. So... what are you exactly debunking? :P

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

18 hours ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

1. Unrealistic 

2. No scientific backing

To be honest, you're wrong. Not about Star Wars. Not about Star Trek. But both.

THIS is likely to be far closer to our future than Star Trek or Star Wars. Babylon 5 Earth Technology is incredibly realistic, and they had NASA engineers help design many of the human space craft and technology, and used them as science consultants on the show.

-26-10941.jpg

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Current day scientists have already been able to bend the shape of plasma (AKA what lightsabers are made of) by using magnetic force to "bend" the plasma intp a shape, so there's no telling until someone develops an incredibly efficient battery that fits in a small metal handle that lets you hold a directed plasma sword.

As for the other stuff, we can't really "debunk" any of it because we have no idea what technological advances will happen in the future. We have ideas and theories, but anything can happen really. Sure Hyper-Drives are impossible to imagine at our current level of technological understanding, but maybe one day we find something that breaks our understanding of physics and brings about incredible technologies.

So was Star Trek...

23 hours ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?