Build for a friend needs advice/opinion

ExoKuzo

Clicking Submit only to find that this LTT tab was not refreshed after login is so painfull. Here we go again:

3 days ago my friend asked me if i can help him with his PC - it turned out that (i must have been drunk af) i promised to Help him in Building both planning and assembly of his new PC -.-

Turns out it was good for him since his other friend wanted to slap 970 + 300W PSU in first version of this build ...

As Gamer/average consumer i can proudly say that i have 6+ working builds on my account  so not a total newbie in house.
But when it comes to building for someone i always have feeling that ive made a mistake ,choosen non optimal part , commited wrongdoing in planning stage alone.

Here I'm Asking LTT Forum Build Guru's for their Jurisdiction.
I expect harsh criticism where its needed (Mobo)/help and general opinion on build below.

Important Note: Before any of Mentioned Guru's post a Godly in mall US Discount Deal part i should've included and im bad please take a moment to check this particular part price and aviability on this site:https://www.morele.net/

I would be even amazed if ppl trying to help me would take their time to use referenced site for purpose of my build (checking total build price and parts aviability).
Site works well under Eng Translation by chrome and its not so hard to navigate without (given part list  created there).

1. Budget & Location:

Budget:
5,5k PLN =~ 1,4kUSD=~1k USD after 23% tax  Conclusion ~1k$ Real Budget or 5,5k PLN
Notes: Buying from Germany and/or UK willl yeld same if not worse results due to PLN - EUR/GBP ratios + shipping = down the road warranty shipping and stuff.

US = same story enormous shipping costs + warranty down the road + mostly unavoidable Tax on Border

2. Aim:

Main goal : BF1 on Ultra 1080p  
Personal(MY) streach goal : Make My friend happy for more than 1 year .

3. Monitors:

Flat 1080p TV - possible upgrade expansion in future.

4. Peripherals:

All in house / nothing needed.

5. Parts and stuff:

Easy mode :http://pcpartpicker.com/list/WgqBvV

Not so Easy mode:https://www.morele.net/inventory/info/LHU5zH/(Polish site)

Hard mode:
Cpu: I5 6600K (BX80662I56600K)

Cooler: CM Evo 212 (RR-212E-16PK-R1)

Mobo: MSI B150A GAMING PRO (B150A GAMING PRO)

Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2133MHz CL14 (HX421C14FBK2/16)

Storage: WD CBlue 1TB 7200RPM (WD10EZEX) + Samsung 850 EVO 250GB (MZ-75E250B/EU)

Gpu: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB (GV-N1070G1 GAMING-8GD)

Psu: EVGA SuperNOVA G2  550W (220-G2-0550-Y2)

Case: BitFenix Aurora Black (BFC-ARA-300-KKWSK-RP)

Notes:

Cpu: Why K on non Z170 Mobo? - > non k is only ~17$ cheaper (not much save and better perf out of the box)

Cooler: Im not a fan(huehue) of stock coolers and as far as i know 6600K has non coming with it - Other cooler in consideratioon was Cryorig H5 Ultimate(+ ~10$)

Mobo: My weak point i need serious help here !

Ram: Not much to say - same spec 2x4 costs  (~40$ less)

Storage : Cant go wrong with this HDD , SSD 120 costs (~12$ less) while 500 costs 2x more 250 seems reasonable
Gpu: I gave my friend to choose(he needs to like how his gpu looks) from Zotac ,Asus Strix, MSI,Gigabyte and EVEGA - Final stand was Asus Strix vs this GB Gigabyte won (was 200 pln cheaper)
Psu: EVEGA vs Seasonic (Brand wise) this one seemed reasonable help advice /other options welcome .

Case: Vital Hard point what i came to is : He prefers Minimalistic looking cases , we both agreed that window is Gaming Herpies + i got fixed on Glass window instead of acrylic(i have s340 and it does not look good honestly) . Advice other options needed but please without In Win 303 alike bullshit we both hate non standart (inverted/reversed etc) setups even tho case looks outstanding.

Additional notes:

I was wondering if M.2 SSD is worth considering as of now since SanDisk X400 256GB  M.2 is actually cheaper (50PLN) than 850 (needed some tinkering with Mobo choice)

Regards Exo

33 minutes ago, ExoKuzo said:

Clicking Submit only to find that this LTT tab was not refreshed after login is so painfull. Here we go again:

3 days ago my friend asked me if i can help him with his PC - it turned out that (i must have been drunk af) i promised to Help him in Building both planning and assembly of his new PC -.-

Turns out it was good for him since his other friend wanted to slap 970 + 300W PSU in first version of this build ...

As Gamer/average consumer i can proudly say that i have 6+ working builds on my account  so not a total newbie in house.
But when it comes to building for someone i always have feeling that ive made a mistake ,choosen non optimal part , commited wrongdoing in planning stage alone.

Here I'm Asking LTT Forum Build Guru's for their Jurisdiction.
I expect harsh criticism where its needed (Mobo)/help and general opinion on build below.

Important Note: Before any of Mentioned Guru's post a Godly in mall US Discount Deal part i should've included and im bad please take a moment to check this particular part price and aviability on this site:https://www.morele.net/

I would be even amazed if ppl trying to help me would take their time to use referenced site for purpose of my build (checking total build price and parts aviability).
Site works well under Eng Translation by chrome and its not so hard to navigate without (given part list  created there).

1. Budget & Location:

Budget:
5,5k PLN =~ 1,4kUSD=~1k USD after 23% tax  Conclusion ~1k$ Real Budget or 5,5k PLN
Notes: Buying from Germany and/or UK willl yeld same if not worse results due to PLN - EUR/GBP ratios + shipping = down the road warranty shipping and stuff.

US = same story enormous shipping costs + warranty down the road + mostly unavoidable Tax on Border

2. Aim:

Main goal : BF1 on Ultra 1080p  
Personal(MY) streach goal : Make My friend happy for more than 1 year .

3. Monitors:

Flat 1080p TV - possible upgrade expansion in future.

4. Peripherals:

All in house / nothing needed.

5. Parts and stuff:

Easy mode :http://pcpartpicker.com/list/WgqBvV

Not so Easy mode:https://www.morele.net/inventory/info/LHU5zH/(Polish site)

Hard mode:
Cpu: I5 6600K (BX80662I56600K)

Cooler: CM Evo 212 (RR-212E-16PK-R1)

Mobo: MSI B150A GAMING PRO (B150A GAMING PRO)

Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2133MHz CL14 (HX421C14FBK2/16)

Storage: WD CBlue 1TB 7200RPM (WD10EZEX) + Samsung 850 EVO 250GB (MZ-75E250B/EU)

Gpu: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB (GV-N1070G1 GAMING-8GD)

Psu: EVGA SuperNOVA G2  550W (220-G2-0550-Y2)

Case: BitFenix Aurora Black (BFC-ARA-300-KKWSK-RP)

Notes:

Cpu: Why K on non Z170 Mobo? - > non k is only ~17$ cheaper (not much save and better perf out of the box)

Cooler: Im not a fan(huehue) of stock coolers and as far as i know 6600K has non coming with it - Other cooler in consideratioon was Cryorig H5 Ultimate(+ ~10$)

Mobo: My weak point i need serious help here !

Ram: Not much to say - same spec 2x4 costs  (~40$ less)

Storage : Cant go wrong with this HDD , SSD 120 costs (~12$ less) while 500 costs 2x more 250 seems reasonable
Gpu: I gave my friend to choose(he needs to like how his gpu looks) from Zotac ,Asus Strix, MSI,Gigabyte and EVEGA - Final stand was Asus Strix vs this GB Gigabyte won (was 200 pln cheaper)
Psu: EVEGA vs Seasonic (Brand wise) this one seemed reasonable help advice /other options welcome .

Case: Vital Hard point what i came to is : He prefers Minimalistic looking cases , we both agreed that window is Gaming Herpies + i got fixed on Glass window instead of acrylic(i have s340 and it does not look good honestly) . Advice other options needed but please without In Win 303 alike bullshit we both hate non standart (inverted/reversed etc) setups even tho case looks outstanding.

Additional notes:

I was wondering if M.2 SSD is worth considering as of now since SanDisk X400 256GB  M.2 is actually cheaper (50PLN) than 850 (needed some tinkering with Mobo choice)

Regards Exo

The MoBo is fine you could go with a kingston SSD to save a little bit. For PSU's you really don't want to look at a brand but the model because of different quality components. You can see that Here. Case is completely up to you. M.2 SSD you don't need one but as long as you have a SSD in general you are fine.

33 minutes ago, ExoKuzo said:

Just had this conversation with another member here. M.2 is only a connector. what matters performance-wise is how the SSD is used on the PCI bus. the SSDs that run on 4 lanes of PCIe 3.0 (eg NVMe 950's, M8PE, 600p), they are roughly 3 times faster in transfer speeds and about double IOPS performance (model and capacities will vary). both the 850 and the X400 use the SATA bus, so their performance is about the same. what you get though is two less cables to connect and a much cleaner install.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

7 hours ago, Unexas. said:

The MoBo is fine you could go with a kingston SSD to save a little bit. For PSU's you really don't want to look at a brand but the model because of different quality components. You can see that Here. Case is completely up to you. M.2 SSD you don't need one but as long as you have a SSD in general you are fine.

There is no point in saving a little if there is nothing else i can put that into ...
That Psu list is worth adding to my spredsheet collection *noted

7 hours ago, knightslugger said:

Just had this conversation with another member here. M.2 is only a connector. what matters performance-wise is how the SSD is used on the PCI bus. the SSDs that run on 4 lanes of PCIe 3.0 (eg NVMe 950's, M8PE, 600p), they are roughly 3 times faster in transfer speeds and about double IOPS performance (model and capacities will vary). both the 850 and the X400 use the SATA bus, so their performance is about the same. what you get though is two less cables to connect and a much cleaner install.

So it basically proves my thoughts - choosing X400 wont go then since i would have to choose diffrent mobo for his build (which i have no other candidates as of now )
And for me atleast  Normal SSD looks Better in good build (feels better to have it over a bare pcb with flash memory xD)