Need help installing Windows 7 on my inspiron 7559.

Person74

So, I'm trying to install Windows 7 on my Inspiron 7559 (Which i know is possible, cause i've seen it) I have the bootable USB, i have drivers that Dell gives (they make Windows 7 drivers for the Inspiron 7559), but i don't know how to install it, because of the ports and the fact that is a skylake platform, but i know this is possible, so please if you know how i can install it please tell me. Also if your wondering what the ports are, USB 3.0 x3, SD card slot, the only other ones are just charging and audio, and other stuff that can't be used for installing stuff.

1. plug in usb
  2. boot from it
  3. follow the step by step to install

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Just now, vorticalbox said:
  1. plug in usb
  2. boot from it
  3. follow the step by step to install

I wish, I'm on a skylake platform with only USb 3.0. So i need some help.

5 minutes ago, Person74 said:

I wish, I'm on a skylake platform with only USb 3.0. So i need some help.

why? Go into the bios and change the boot order. The fact you only have USB 3.0 shouldn't make any difference.

Also while we are here why are you trying to install windows 7. I assume it came with windows 10 so why not keep it?

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

I could rant for hours about how i hate windows 10, one point is telemetry, i also like the look and simplicity of windows 7.

1 minute ago, vorticalbox said:

why? Go into the bios and change the boot order. The fact you only have USB 3.0 shouldn't make any difference.

Also while we are here why are you trying to install windows 7. I assume it came with windows 10 so why not keep it?

The easiest way would be to burn a DVD, and install from it. Though, you can also add the drivers you require to your bootable USB:

http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-install-windows-7-on-a-pc-with-only-usb-3-0-ports/

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

4 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

The easiest way would be to burn a DVD, and install from it. Though, you can also add the drivers you require to your bootable USB:

http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-install-windows-7-on-a-pc-with-only-usb-3-0-ports/

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility

Could i remove the HDD, put it in a PC with a Dvd drive, install, then put the HDD back in my PC?

Just now, Person74 said:

Could i remove the HDD, put it in a PC with a Dvd drive, install, then put the HDD back in my PC?

I think that the motherboard and CPU are important factors in the installation. However, you could put the DVD drive in the PC you want to install the OS for.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

1 minute ago, Delicieuxz said:

I think that the motherboard and CPU are important factors in the installation. However, you could put the DVD drive in the PC you want to install the OS for.

Laptop.

2 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

Can you follow the youtube guides I gave you? It should work, then.

Thanks..