Waterproof ANYTHING!!

1. Yes it is real

2. That company has nothing to do with waterproofing something small like a pc

nano.jpg

4 minutes ago, Amitan117 said:

(minus mechanical components).

A PC is almost all electrical components......................

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

A PC is almost all electrical components......................

I don't get why someone want to waterproff a pc. Like are they gonna play crysis underwater?

Just now, Amitan117 said:

Case in point 

But why? That stuff is not a pc component anyway

And water cooling doesn't work that way

Think about laptops where accidents can happen or desktops using extreme cooling systems where leaks or condensation can cause damage.

Think about laptops where accidents can happen or desktops using extreme cooling systems where leaks or condensation can cause damage.

Go get a air cooler. Who would liquid cool their laptop? 

2 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

Go get a air cooler. Who would liquid cool their laptop? 

Clearly you have never worked in technology or you have never seen a situation where a person spilled liquid on a laptop...

Clearly you have never worked in technology or you have never seen a situation where a person spilled liquid on a laptop...

You can replace a keyboard. 

Would you really think spraying with that can will prevent a keyboard to be fully functional after a coffee spill? You need to uncap all the keys and make sure it is protected

There are holes inside of the keyboard where it liquid can still come through. It's just not worth the time and job. 

Even if water is spilled it is a very rare case and if you are that worried and careless then it is better get a water resistant laptop that does its works

keyb_12.jpg

2 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

You can replace a keyboard. 

Would you really think spraying with that can will prevent a keyboard to be fully functional after a coffee spill? You need to uncap all the keys and make sure it is protected

There are holes inside of the keyboard where it liquid can still come through. It's just not worth the time and job. 

Even if water is spilled it is a very rare case and if you are that worried and careless then it is better get a water resistant laptop that does its works

keyb_12.jpg

I work in a retail environment, We repair literally hundreds of computers every month and I see a lot of units with water or liquid damage. The point of the post isn't to debate weather or not the idea is practical or even cost effective. I simply wanted to know is this a real product and if so would it be possible to use it to make any computer impervious to the potential threat of water damage.

I work in a retail environment, We repair literally hundreds of computers every month and I see a lot of units with water or liquid damage. The point of the post isn't to debate weather or not the idea is practical or even cost effective. I simply wanted to know is this a real product and if so would it be possible to use it to make any computer impervious to the potential threat of water damage.

It could work but for some components only not all of it.

3 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

It could work but for some components only not all of it.

I realize mechanical components like optical drives or traditional HDD's couldn't be protected with this product as it would effectively make them useless however all non mechanical components like the motherboard, CPU, GPU, power supply, RAM, and SSD could all potentially be protected.

I realize mechanical components like optical drives or traditional HDD's couldn't be protected with this product as it would effectively make them useless however all non mechanical components like the motherboard, CPU, GPU, power supply, RAM, and SSD could all potentially be protected.

Too much time I think. But looks cool

1 minute ago, dexxterlab97 said:

Too much time I think. But looks cool

It would definitely be a bit of work but it could be worth it. If for example I were to build a phase change cooled desktop I would undoubtedly use this product as well as several other precautions to protect my valuable components.

It would definitely be a bit of work but it could be worth it. If for example I were to build a phase change cooled desktop I would undoubtedly use this product as well as several other precautions to protect my valuable components.

But I don't see they have plans for protecting pc. I see house, boats, guns but not eletronic parts that are being used widely

1 minute ago, dexxterlab97 said:

But I don't see they have plans for protecting pc. I see house, boats, guns but not eletronic parts that are being used widely

One would think if it were a real product you would see it in use for modern electronics or at least advertised as a service that a retailer or manufacturer would offer. For people in the business of making money off other peoples accidents or fear of accidents this would be a brilliant opportunity.

6 hours ago, Amitan117 said:

People who choose liquid cooling take calculated risk.

5 hours ago, Amitan117 said:

Liquids spilled rarely are water. Most of the time they contain sugar and other such risky things. So waterproofing would yield very little in the end.

There already exists waterproof laptops and mobile devices. If one knows that they will be having greater than average risk of dust, shock or moisture, they will go for those kind of devices. Normal people don't need such. Consumer phones and laptops can take some moisture without permanent damage. So having them cost more when there are alternatives isn't going to attract customers.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I don't think it's a bad idea. Not quite sure why everyone is pooping on it so readily...

I definitely wouldn't trust it entirely though. Use it for emergency prevention, like on the back of a gpu below the cpu but I'd think you could still run into some issues. Pcie slots are one of the main areas for water damage I think. That'd be a really difficult area to protect since you're installing and removing the expansion cards, which would probably scrape off your layer, leaving that most vulnerable part exposed. 

Also as far as extreme coming (ie: phase change & like applications) i definitely wouldn't count on this stuff stopping condensation long term. If nothing else, due to the thermal cycling and extreme temp ranges.

Damn, now I kinda pooped all over it... I still don't think it's a terrible idea

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

You'd think a tech forum would be excited about.... you know... new tech. Wether or not it's electronic, I think with further development and a little creative thinking in regards to implementation it could be a great thing, even if for a very niche crowd.