should i buy from amazon

Rickie cheong

ive been thinking about it recently,i want to buy pc components from amazon.but theres a few things im not sure about.first is,what if my components are defective,will i be able to send it back and get a new one.second,if i do have to send it back will amazon cover all of the shipping fee which is me sending it back and then sending it back to me or do i have to pay it for myself.lastly is,will there be a waranty if i do ship it outside of the united states.your reply is very much apreciated

Just now, Rickie cheong said:

ive been thinking about it recently,i want to buy pc components from amazon.but theres a few things im not sure about.first is,what if my components are defective,will i be able to send it back and get a new one.second,if i do have to send it back will amazon cover all of the shipping fee which is me sending it back and then sending it back to me or do i have to pay it for myself.lastly is,will there be a waranty if i do ship it outside of the united states.your reply is very much apreciated

I have built 3 pcs and never once were any of the parts defective. Yes you can send them back if they don't work.

"You may return most new, unopened items sold and fulfilled by Amazon.com within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error. Thanks! While we're unable to respond directly to your feedback, we'll use this information to improve our online Help."

Unsure what power supply to pick?

Check out my HTPC build.

Quote me/others so we can help you

Comic sans is the best font

so,if i opened my parts and theyre defective,i can send them back if theyre open.what about the out of the united states waranty?

Just now, Stevoisboss said:

I couldn't tell you.

what do u mean by you couldnt tell me?

Not likely no. The warranty would still exist, but you would then bear responsibility of shipping the item(s) back to amazon... it would be crazy to expect Amazon to pay shipping costs from who knows where. And it's the same with pretty much all retailers, you would actually be better off in that situation returning it to the manufacturer's nearest returns centre, getting an RMA first of course and speaking with them about your problem.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

whats an RMA?

btw amazon stated this on their page.how would they know if we damaged it

Amazon.com Return Policy:You may return any new computer purchased from Amazon.com that is "dead on arrival," arrives in damaged condition, or is still in unopened boxes, for a full refund within 30 days of purchase. Amazon.com reserves the right to test "dead on arrival" returns and impose a customer fee equal to 15 percent of the product sales price if the customer misrepresents the condition of the product. Any returned computer that is damaged through customer misuse, is missing parts, or is in unsellable condition due to customer tampering will result in the customer being charged a higher restocking fee based on the condition of the product. Amazon.com will not accept returns of any desktop or notebook computer more than 30 days after you receive the shipment. New, used, and refurbished products purchased from Marketplace vendors are subject to the returns policy of the individual vendor.
Manufacturer’s warranty can be requested from customer service. Click here to make a request to customer service.

5 hours ago, Rickie cheong said:

Amazon sent me the wrong cooler once upon the time. Actually it was the right cooler, but it was for socket 2011 rather than what I needed. The boxes look the same. I sent them an email and in about an hour I had email confirmation they had shipped the correct one out. They gave me a UPS packing slip and RMA form. Once I got the new one and used the shipping box to send the wrong one back. It was very painless. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

I can say from experience that if you received a product that is broken on arrival, Amazon will absolutely pay the return shipping, hassle.  I ordered two glass water bottles that arrived cracked, and in theory (from Amazon's point of view) it could've totally been my fault (it wasn't), but they let me return it no questions asked.

i buy from amazon a lot. if i dont like the thing i bought i can return it but they will take the shipping cost out of you refund.

as for how they would know if its damage by them or shipping or you, they really wouldn't know and mostly take your word for it.

6 hours ago, mad dudy said:

i buy from amazon a lot. if i dont like the thing i bought i can return it but they will take the shipping cost out of you refund.

as for how they would know if its damage by them or shipping or you, they really wouldn't know and mostly take your word for it.

wow,thanks a lot.