Samsung C24F390 Good Or Not! Crazy Deal???

Will01

I'm really not sure if i just stumbled on an amzing deal or if this monitor is just a pile of rubbish. My max budget is about £140 and I wasnt expecting to see anything like this to be honest. Curved 24" full 1080p freesync. The monitor is on sale from 200 to 140. I mean i cant find any reviews from any reputable youtubers so ive come here to see if anybody else has this monitor and if you think its a good one. Ive never actually bought any monitor high end, ive got my decent gaming pc and 2 cheap as possible monitors. Its time to upgrade. any help would be great. thanks!

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5445990.htm#pdpFullDesc

I haven't personally used this monitor, but whenever a screen is supper under priced make sure you know everything about it. Google a few reviews for it and make sure you know the response time, ~7ms is the minimum for good looking games.

looks like a pertty good deal to me, i cant use a curved displat without getting either a headace or feeling nausius but thats not really a problem for a lot of people. sounds great if you have like a R9 390(X)(or higher) or an RX 470/480 tbh.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

4 minutes ago, EminentSun said:

I haven't personally used this monitor, but whenever a screen is supper under priced make sure you know everything about it. Google a few reviews for it and make sure you know the response time, ~7ms is the minimum for good looking games.

Ok, thats what i was thinking, if you look at the video below there are some more specs. I think its 4ms btw. Thanks for the help

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

looks like a pertty good deal to me, i cant use a curved displat without getting either a headace or feeling nausius but thats not really a problem for a lot of people. sounds great if you have like a R9 390(X)(or higher) or an RX 470/480 tbh.

Oh right, never heard of that. Im using an 260x, i know i said decent, for what im doing its fine. overwatch and stuff :)

3 minutes ago, Will01 said:

Oh right, never heard of that. Im using an 260x, i know i said decent, for what im doing its fine. overwatch and stuff :)

if it supports Freesync i would get the monitor, you can always get a better GPU latter but if the GPU dosent support Freesync there is probably something better for the money

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Yeah i suppose im paying for nothing. I mean there is nothing around that price curved, but at the same time do i really need that, never had one just seems cool. Anything around like £120 flat screen that you know of???

Just a quick point, i honestly know what freesync is sorta but i dont know the depth into it. does it require certain gpu's for it to work. i think mine is supported you see. 

" AMD created an information page explaining that only ertain graphics cards will support FreeSync. All AMD Radeon graphics cards in the AMD Radeon HD 7000, HD 8000, R7 or R9 Series will support Project FreeSync for video playback and power-saving purposes. The AMD Radeon R9 295X2, 290X, R9 290, R7 260X and R7 260 GPUs additionally feature updated display controllers that will support dynamic refresh rates during gaming. "

19 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

if it supports Freesync i would get the monitor, you can always get a better GPU latter but if the GPU dosent support Freesync there is probably something better for the money

Forgot to tag you :)

1 hour ago, Will01 said:

Yeah i suppose im paying for nothing. I mean there is nothing around that price curved, but at the same time do i really need that, never had one just seems cool. Anything around like £120 flat screen that you know of???

im not a monitor guy but i have just heard that G-sync and Freesync is amazing, anyway if you plan to upgrade your GPU any time soonish i would still get it but if you dont need a new GPU then dont get the monitor. i have a 27" 1080p thing from philips thats really good IMO so maybe check them out but other then that im not really the guy to be asking xD 

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

im not a monitor guy but i have just heard that G-sync and Freesync is amazing, anyway if you plan to upgrade your GPU any time soonish i would still get it but if you dont need a new GPU then dont get the monitor. i have a 27" 1080p thing from philips thats really good IMO so maybe check them out but other then that im not really the guy to be asking xD 

Ok, why should i not get it if im not upgrading my pc. do you not think it will be able to handle it properly?

11 minutes ago, Will01 said:

Ok, why should i not get it if im not upgrading my pc. do you not think it will be able to handle it properly?

well if the GPU cant handle Freesync then thats a wasted feature you are paying extra for basically

Builds:

Spoiler